AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mobile Crane Rigger.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mobile Crane Rigger is accountable for rigging or performing similar functions in compliance with the code and the use of mobile cranes in a compliant (primarily with LI2182) manner as instructed and during the operation of the Mobile Crane.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Comply with AGAG Environmental Management, compliance, and other legal requirements.
- Take action to prevent environmental pollution
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job.
- Correct, or report to their supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices, and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
- Follow the established procedures if incident occur by reporting to the Supervisor.
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Execute rigging and its related tasks in compliance and accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start inspection of rigging gear prior to every lifting operation. Escalate and report any anomalies including shortage of rigging gear.
- Assess all rigging gear required for completion of the load to be lifted/ rigged or secured.
- Recognize any rigging equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the task for all lifting operation.
- Carry out work cost effectively
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Perform all activities within the safe working envelope, take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and immediately report to supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level Certificate
- Minimum certificate of rigging operation
- Computer literacy in basic Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal communication skill in the English Language
- Driving operating skills with valid driving/ operation license
- A minimum of Two (2) years experience as a Rigger.
- Must be Familiar with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Familiar with working in compliance with LI2182
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 1st September, 2022