SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992 and is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position for a Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor on its GrEEn Project.
Overview of the Project
SNV is implementing the Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities (GrEEn) project since 2020. The project aims to promote employment, and entrepreneurship and support the greening of businesses for sustainable and climate-resilient local economies in Ghana.
SNV currently seeks a senior full-time Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for the GrEEn project. S/he will be responsible for managing the implementation of the project’s M&E framework and plan, ensuring quality results measurement and availability of relevant M&E data and findings to support learning and adaptive management. S/he will also support the Project Manager in overall planning, quarterly internal reviews, annual reporting to the donor and the preparation of Project Steering Committee meetings. S/he will have to undertake extensive field work during the course of project implementation.
The M&E Advisor is part of the core project team. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the key responsibilities of the M&E Advisor will include:
M&E system development
- Facilitate the periodic review of the project’s Theory of Change (Toc with the project team and key stakeholders and ensure that adaptions needed are highlighted.
- Facilitate periodic review of the project M&E framework (based on the ToC and donor logframe) in collaboration with the project team, including indicators, methods of measurement, data collection tools, and reporting frequency
- Lead on and oversee quality assurance of data collection, validation and analysis
- Manage the reporting system for regular progress reporting of key stakeholders
- Ensure that sufficient data and learning is available to track project progress and to inform project team decision making
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of learning and knowledge within the team, within SNV and among key stakeholders
Technical advice/guidance and capacity building
- Provide guidance on M&E approaches and data collection methods to be used in results measurement.
- Lead/participate in conducting market scans, market research assignments, baseline and endline analysis, as well as additional research and studies as required.
- Capacity building of project staff and key partner staff, including service providers, on M&E-related issues; deliver orientation/guidance/training/mentoring as needed to ensure key staff and partners are able to deliver on their M&E responsibilities.
- Ensure final evaluation of the project is well prepared and undertaken as per the donor’s and SNV’s standards.
- Provide input and support to impact assessment processes in collaboration with the EU, Centre for Evaluation and Development, UNCDF and other relevant teams
- Provide input to SNV’s Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation policies and ways of working, based on internal and external developments, trends and learning from the project
- Participate in a variety of external workshops/forums/conferences to share best practices and findings of the project with a variety of stakeholders
- Manage and oversee the project’s projections, as well as aggregation of results across all interventions and service providers
- Ensure periodic plans and reports are in line with the standard, quality, template and time frame required by the EU and the EUTF
- Support in preparation and documentation of Project Steering Committee meetings
- Support in compilation and presentation of annual reports to the donor
- Support in compilation of data for SNV’s Corporate Harmonised Indicator reporting
- Produce reports on M&E findings & lessons learned and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required during project implementation.
- Bachelor or Master degree in International Development, Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field; an advanced certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation or data analytics preferred
- At least 7 years of professional experience in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation in the international development sector, whether working for a donor agency, INGO, consultancy firm, research institute and/or business
- At least 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, and overseeing project M&E systems; experience in larger and complex/multi-sectoral projects/programmes desired
- Strong methodological knowledge; long-standing experience in applying both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods; experience in data validation and quality-assurance
- Experience in managing large databases comprising data from multiple sources
- Experience in presenting data and findings in various formats and to a variety of audiences; experience in making use of M&E data for communication purposes
- Experience in applying innovative data collection and analysis methods, as well as using (digital) innovations and mobile phone technology desired
- Experience in capacity building of project and partner staff in M&E
- Familiarity with the GrEEn project’s core sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH
- Experience in using LogAlto, Survey Monkey or another digital data collection platform/software desired.
- Strong team player with experience in Project Cycle Management
- Ability to think analytically and critically; ability to solve complex issues and define a way forward
- Strong facilitation, moderation, and capacity building skills
- Ability to liaise, negotiate and build positive working relationships with implementing partners, including service providers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge/Experience in the following areas desired:
- Measurement of decent and sustainable jobs
- Youth employment and entrepreneurship
- MSME promotion
- Market Systems Development
- Systems change assessment
- Green business / green economy
- Gender mainstreaming / Women Economic Empowerment
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 3rd June. 2022