Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a Monitoring and Impact Measurement (MIM) Officer to join our dedicated and talented team in Ghana on our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
Global Affairs Canada has provided funding support to MEDA for the Greater Rural Opportunities for Women 2 (GROW2) project. The GROW2 project is women-focused, driven by a strong market system approach, and fully integrates Gender Equality, Social Inclusion, Environmental Sustainability, Human Rights, Nutrition, and Innovation in its implementation. The Project will increase the economic and social empowerment of women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in the Northern, Savannah, and Upper West Regions of Ghana through increased productivity, and an improved business environment.
The Monitoring and Impact Measurement Officer will support the design, implementation, and operation of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Impact Measurement systems from project initiation to closeout. She/he will support the monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results, providing regular project metrics and reports to support the project’s goal of economic and social empowerment of smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in Northern Ghana. Engage directly with project stakeholders (clients and partners in the three GROW 2 zones of influence)
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
- Location: Tamale or Wa, Ghana
- Assist the MIM Manager with the development of the monitoring and evaluation plan for the GROW2 project; including reporting, database management, and developing performance monitoring plans.
- Work with the team to ensure that all project reportable activities are captured on the intervention monitoring tool.
- Make daily/weekly follow-ups with the programs team to ensure that data collection is been done at every event/activity through the project data collection platform (QuestionPro)
- Conduct regular updates of an intervention monitoring tool to ensure that the tool remains relevant and provides the needed data for reporting and continuous implementation.
- Support in gathering both qualitative and quantitative data, sharing regularly for effective decision-making
- Ensure data quality by assisting the MIM Manager to hold review meetings with people collecting data (including activity level data) to review identified errors periodically.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation and review of program reports in collaboration with program staff.
- Contribute to the development of the MIM unit’s annual work plan and budget for each fiscal year and review project delivery quality.
- Assist in managing research activities and ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Support in the conceptualization and development of research topics and data collection tools for the strategic learning agenda.
- Support in the provision of training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong Monitoring and Impact Measurement systems.
- Ensure data privacy, data security, and protocols are implemented in the field by project partners/KFPs
- Design and manage gender-disaggregated beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Apply MEDA’s values in all activities – cultural sensitivity, transparency, and integrity in all relationship relationships.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree a plus) in statistics, demographics, international development, economics, or related field.
Bachelor’s Degree plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years of professional experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/or performance monitoring plans. Experience within the International NGO setting is a plus
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision, and values
- Demonstrate experience in designing, implementing (including supervising field data collection and community engagement), analyzing, and write-up high-quality research (highly desired).
- Demonstrable experience in delivering high-quality training and mentorship in M&E
- Knowledge of Result-Based Management (RBM) and general MIM principles
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development, and MEDA’s approach to creating business solutions to poverty
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite, STATA, QuestionPro, and Power BI is an added advantage.
- Solid experience in the design and implementation of either commercial market research agendas, small to medium anthropological research studies, or other social science research applications. Likewise, experience in the design and implementation of FGDs, interviewing, PRA, or other participatory methodologies (desired)
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local language
- Experience working in market system project is an added advantage
How To Apply
Interested persons should send in their applications on the companies website: Click Here To Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, June 6, 2022 5:00pm GMT. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when received. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring such accommodation make their needs known in advance.