Chemonics International is a US-based international development consulting firm. At Chemonics, development is more than a passion or a calling. It’s a profession. Doing development well takes experience, ingenuity, and a stubborn insistence that tomorrow’s work must be better than today’s.
TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation and Communications Officer (MEC Officer)
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (USAID GHSC-PSM) Ghana
The USAID GHSC-PSM Project will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will:
1) procure and provide health commodities,
2) provide technical assistance to improve Ghana’s management of the supply chain, and
3) collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Communications Officer (MEC Officer) will provide strategic technical and operational support for the implementation of the project’s country monitoring and evaluation and communication plans.
- The MEC Officer is responsible for assisting in the monitoring and reporting of the GHSC-PSM’s performance indicators and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor GHSC-PSM’s progress towards project goals.
- She/he will be responsible for initiating, following up, and reporting on the project’s communications and branding works. She/he will travel to the field gather success stories, lessons learned, photographs, film footage as input for communications materials production
- The position holder will assist technical project team members in the development production and proper branding of various publications and project deliverables. She/he will help to develop a pool of communications professionals for outsourcing and liaise with them to ensure quality and timely delivery of the final products.
The MEC Officer shall help to develop a project strategy to ensure that project activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the project objectives are being achieved. His/her main duties include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Assist the Senior M&E and Communications Manager to develop the performance monitoring plan (PMP), as required, to organize, plan and document the collection of project performance data, and keep the PMP updated.
- Contribute to the annual work planning process by working with the M&E Specialist to ensure alignment of the project work plan with the PMP
- Assist in the design and development of M&E data collection tools.
- Develop and ensure application of effective monitoring, tracking, and reporting systems, tools, and templates that enable and enhance regular monitoring of outputs and program quality across the regions and generate quality evidence at various program levels.
- Provide technical support on project design, strategic development, and overall annual planning and reporting processes.
- Assist in the preparation of project monthly, quarterly and annual reports in line with stakeholder requirements
- Work with the technical team to prepare success stories, photographs, film footage, and record interviews as input from the field for communications materials production.
- Assist in synthesizing and repackaging project materials into the web, print, and audiovisual materials
- Assist in the production of a technical informational newsletter and weekly packaging of project updates
- Proofread all publications and communications materials
- Assist technical staff with the development and proper branding of various publications as well as project deliverables in the field
- Work with the operations team to develop a pool of companies with communications professionals for the outsourcing of graphics design, illustrations, animation, video recording, and documentation works
- Write press releases and other communications to inform and engage stakeholders.
- Help in the research, design, coordination, and development of communications materials such as video, web, print, and others.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Communications and Journalism, Public Health, International Relations, Marketing, Management, and any relevant field with professional training and working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- At least 2 years demonstrated progressive experience in program monitoring and evaluation, project planning, and management in the context of a development project.
- Analytical skills required; experience with a statistical package such as SPSS, STATA, preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the development of M&E tools, data analysis, data quality assessments, and data use.
- Have advanced quantitative skills, including knowledge of statistical programs.
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Have an ability to manage diverse activities and meet required deadlines; the flexibility to change situations and priorities desired.
- Demonstrated experience in writing reports and producing publications and proofreading skills required;
- Basic knowledge of editing skills and understanding of style guides preferred;
- Experience gathering input, synthesizing, and packaging content for websites, and social media platforms
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet M&E needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; proven ability to work effectively on teams in a multi-cultural context and the ability to organize, summarize and rewrite technical information.
- Excellent writing skills and experience with content management systems and social media management tools.
- Basic knowledge of graphic/editorial design and video production software.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position CLICK HERE
CLOSING DATE: February 7, 2022