DI is seeking to hire a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist for the anticipated five-year Performance Accountability Activity in Ghana funded by USAID. This activity will focus on strengthening civil society oversight of and feedback into government performance in public service delivery and to support the government, especially at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services. This is based on the premise that citizen action and engagement are critical for ensuring that the government delivers quality services with increased accountability. This will be a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana, and will be contingent on award and funding. This position is only open to Ghanaian citizens. For more information, please read the Request for Information (link).The MEL Specialist will support DI’s learning agenda and manage all monitoring and evaluation. They will report to the Chief of Party.
Essential Job Duties:
The position’s responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership to develop the program framework, plans and indicators to capture project performance results;
- Provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the DRG project activities;
- Supervise the program’s MEL activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into program implementation to continuously improve the quality of interventions and outcomes;
- Be responsible for documenting and disseminating program successes and challenges to USAID;
- Be responsible for designing and conducting operations research.
- Assure that all assistance provided is technically sound and appropriate to meet activity objectives;
- Develop regular reports and ongoing activity monitoring consistent with the requirements of DI’s agreement with USAID and with internal reporting requirements;
- Support the preparation of deliverables such as work plans, MEL plans, and reports; and
- Oversee and support partners’ MEL outputs.
- Build DI’s local team MEL practices.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Contribute to ongoing Democracy International business development efforts in Ghana and around the world.
- A Master’s degree (or higher) and 5 years relevant work experience, or relevant work experience of 7 years in lieu of an advanced degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with USAID compliance and reporting requirements;
- Minimum seven years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating complex, large, multi-year, international DRG sector development programs such as good governance, citizen engagement and civil society programming;
- Strong demonstrated skills in planning, MEL and programming adaptation, inclusion, and budgeting;
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, governance management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation and setting up and managing MEL systems that track performance as per the objectives set forth;
- Experience with experimental learning or in social and behavioural science, behavioural insights, behaviour change, and/or social behavior change communication, desired;
- In-depth familiarity with, understanding of, and ability to successfully navigate within the Ghana context preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders, and team members;
- Professional fluency in English (both spoken and written) required;
- Excellent computer skills;
- This position is open to Ghanaian citizens.
- This position reports to the Chief of Party.
- Direct reports may include members of the DI Ghana Team.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 25th March. 2022