The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead AmaliTech’s monitoring and evaluation efforts for internal learning and external reporting. The role will be quantitative and strategic in nature, as well as include responsibilities for stakeholder management.
- Conduct the monitoring and evaluation of AmaliTech’s programmes, including but not limited to the Graduate Trainee Programme, the Azubi Africa Programme and the Freelancer Platform.
- Lead the conceptualisation, data collection and analysis of regular, six-monthly tracer studies (phone or web-based surveys) covering all trainees across AmaliTech’s programmes
- Develop and strengthen AmaliTech’s monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate the overall progress of all AmaliTech programmes (internal and external) as well as provide feedback and recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work closely with AmaliTech’s data science team to process the data collected and advance the level of sophistication of AmaliTech’s M&E analyses.
- Provide input and prepare quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports on project activities.
- Serve as the liaison for GIZ for the purposes of monitoring and evaluation of the Graduate
- Work closely with the HR team in the area of HR metrics and analytics.
- Perform related tasks as and when required and directed.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of donor-supported projects.
- Experience in designing and managing monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed- method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Excellent written and spoken command of English
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and
- Familiarity with impact assessment is an advantage.
- Familiarity working on topics of female empowerment and inclusion of persons with disabilities is an advantage.
- Good moderation, facilitation and training skills
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested applicants in the positions of a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer should:
Ensure you have the necessary documents before applying:
- Current or latest copy of your CV (PDF format)
- Scanned copies of certificates and transcripts as single file (PDF format)
- Passport size photo (either JPG, JPEG, PNG format)
- Scanned copy of a valid national ID Card (any format)
- Scanned copy of NSS Certificate (PDF format)
- Scanned copies of Residence and Work Permits (non-citizens, PDF format)
- Other certificates (optional)
Closing Date: January 31, 2022