Public Relations Specialist needed at NCBA International
About This Job
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy in the United States and globally. As an international development organization.
NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. In the last 65 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is seeking a candidate for the position of Public Relations Specialist for the USAID-funded Ghana Performance Accountability Activity Program. The purpose of the Program is to (1) strengthen civil society oversight and feedback into government performance in public service delivery and (2) support the government, especially at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services. This is based on the premise that citizen action and engagement are critical for ensuring that the government delivers quality services with increased accountability in 70 target districts across the country.
The expected duration of the project is five years, beginning in late September-October 2022. This will be a contract position pending award from USAID. This position will be based in Accra/or Tamale with field travels for project implementation and/or project management duties.
Public Relations (PR) Specialist will be responsible for the development, production and delivery of various public information, initiatives, and communication materials. She/He will play a central role in engaging with citizens, media, and beneficiaries in advancing awareness and innovative accountability tools and mechanisms, building on existing and new feedback systems.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Leads public relations activities that are consistent with the Programs’ objectives.
- Creates materials including press releases, pitches and messaging documents on point and appropriate for the intended audience.
- Facilitates establishing media platforms where local public service provides and their customers can engage
- Proactively initiates, advocates and publicize awareness activities ensuring these platforms are citizen-centered and citizen-led in addressing and sharing concerns and challenges
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including regional and local authorities to ensure their collaboration in citizen-led accountability initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for the Program to earn positive media coverage by developing original story/pitch ideas.
- Leads collaborative efforts of citizen-led oversight of selected district and regional-level public services.
- Coordinates and monitors town hall meetings, public dialogues and media training events
- Other duties as required
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communication, Marketing, public relations, journalism or a related field. Master’s degree preferred;
- 5 years of technical experience in international development donor-funded programs/projects, USAID experience preferred;
- An understanding of advocacy at various levels particularly in relation to governance, accountability, and transparency in Ghana is preferred.
- Proven track record of increasing social media engagement.
- Project and detail-oriented, capable of independently managing PR and advocacy campaigns.
- Excellent collaborative interpersonal skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
- Commitment to company mission, vision, principles, and values;
- Fluency in English required
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 27th June. 2022