The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) was established to build the institutional and operational capacity of civil society in West Africa, through knowledge management, capacity development and policy influencing. WACSI seeks a committed, motivated and dynamic person to join its team in contributing to enhancing civil society’s efficiency and effectiveness in West Africa.
Position: Programme Assistant – Policy Influencing and Advocacy
The Policy Influencing and Advocacy Assistant will report to the Head of the Policy Influencing and Advocacy Unit (PIA) and be under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer of PIA.
The PIA Programme Assistant will be responsible for providing the necessary assistance in the conceptualization, designing, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the institute’s policy influencing and advocacy strategy.
- Work with the Head of Policy Influencing and Advocacy unit and Programme Officer to conceptualize, design and implement programmes in line with WACSI’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives
- Assist to research, write and produce policy and advocacy outputs, such as reports, briefings, fact sheets, press releases, short articles for (and on) relevant policy meetings
- Assist in documenting and regular update of data and potential information for the unit on emerging issues (around democracy, governance, civic space, gender equality, technology, sustainable development, regional integration, civil society development effectiveness etc.) and opportunities occurring at local and international policy levels
- Assist in building, strengthening and managing the networking and alliance building capacities of civil society advocacy groups at national, regional and international
- Assist in the conceptualisation, coordination and facilitation of High-Level Policy Dialogues, consultative forum and related workshops across the region
- Assist in the design and development of policy advocacy training tools such as toolkits, modules, and other indigenous training resources
- Support the facilitation and delivery of all training programmes organised by the policy advocacy and influencing unit, including related capacity assessment exercise
- Assist to identify and resolve project issues, thus ensuring projects stay on schedule and within budget
- Participate in unit and cross-unit programme/project planning and proposal development, and rapporteuring needs
- Assist in the overall resource mobilisation drive and fundraising strategy of the institute
- Serve as liaison between the unit and resource persons, associates, partners and beneficiaries
- Represent institute at local and international programmes including meetings, forum or workshops
- Coach and supervise interns, volunteers and national service persons attached to the unit
- Any other duties that will be assigned by the Programme Officer, Head of the Policy Influencing Unit or the Executive Director
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Law, Development Studies, Social Science or related subjects, with an advanced degree, preferred
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of civil society, advocacy and human rights, democracy and governance, public policy engagement, social justice and accountability, gender, regional integration, climate change and environment or related subject
- Previous working experience in the civil society sector and/or academic sector in West Africa.
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April. 2022