Yara is the world’s leading mineral fertilizer company with a truly global presence and with leading positions in ammonia, nitrates, NPK and specialty fertilizers. Yara Ghana was established in 2007 to strengthen the quality and depth of input supply and related services along the agricultural value chains to increase the productivity of Ghanaian farmers.
Yara Ghana is looking for a Finance Officer to join it’s team. The position will be based in Accra and will report to the Accounts Manager.
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Timely and accurate invoicing of sales to customers.
- Involved in MoFA documentation preparations for invoicing of PFJ.
- Ensure customer payments are timely and accurately posted and allocated.
- Weekly receivables reporting and preliminary follow ups.
- Perform customer accounts reconciliations and ensure any reconciliation issues with a customer are adequately and timely addressed.
- Monitor customer credit limits.
- Bank reconciliations – weekly bank reconciliations to ensure customer payments are timely captured. Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are completed before each monthly book closing. Proactive actions taken on reconciling items.
- Reconciliation of other balance sheet accounts as required.
- Liaison with the Commercial function and Logistics on inventory movements and sales.
- Be part of the inventory count team to be involved in monthly counts.
- Posting of financial transactions.
- Support the monthly reporting process.
- Employee travel and expense/imprest accounting
- Ensure proper filing of documents in the Finance department for easy retrieval.
- Be a back-up for other Accounts Officers in the team, and train other colleagues in the team to be able to back up your role in your absence.
- A degree holder with specialisation in Finance/Accounting. Part qualified in a professional accountancy course (eg. ACCA, CIMA, CA) will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Finance/Accounting, preferably in a similar role.
- Proficiency in excel.
- Analytical mindset with an eye for detail.
- Familiar with accounting software. SUN knowledge will be an advantage.
Hoe To Apply
To apply for this position Submit your CV and Application on Company Website Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Feb. 2022