BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Position: Associate Manager, Business Development
Responsible for managing the relationship between national distributor and their customers by ensuring loyalty to BIC products leading to business growth for both parties.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
o Develop a Joint Business Plan between BIC and wholesalers/distributors with a focus on categories growth and other distribution KPIs.
o Play a key role in designing, owning, and implementing a competitive trading term for distributor’s customers with the sole aim of improving interest in BIC’s portfolio
o Conduct monthly business reviews with distributors’ customers to identify root causes of performance with mitigation plans to bridge gaps.
o Initiate sell-in and sell-out programmes
o Organize customer conferences in clusters across the country to improve bonding and appreciate issues firsthand.
o Coordinate with supply chain, finance to ensure customer needs are met notably stock availability (CSL), while monitoring customer statements on a monthly basis with explanation.
o Conduct Customer P&L to show profitability or otherwise in order to sustain customer interest in BIC’s business.
o Supervise activities of sales managers and third-party sales force allocated to various customers to ensure zero incidence of default.
o Team management and development of sales managers
Key Performance Indicators / Key Figures
- Achieve sales targets
- Reduce attrition rate of customers
- Sustained growth of customers business (BIC related)/ Customer Profitability
- Service level (speed of delivery)
R- Required , D- Desired
- R – 5 years of relevant experience in sales and business development functions preferably in FMCG
- R – Perfect knowledge of Microsoft operating system especially Power-Point & Excel
- R – Business and results-oriented with proven negotiation skills and leadership capabilities
- R – Able to identify new sales opportunities (new customers, new segments)
- R – Ability to interpret and understand basic financial information
- R – Hard-working, rigorous, well organized, and able to work autonomously
- R – Ability to complete assigned task within a short period of time
- D – Analytic, accurate and quick interpretation of figures
- R – Experience sales/business development individual with well-rounded understanding of end-to-end functions.
- R – Ability to analyze and provide clear recommendations
- R – Good communication skills (writing & verbal)
- R – Build strong relationships with both key external and internal customers
- R – Energy and passion for achievement of own commitments and delivering company objectives
- D – Able to influence and persuade others to take a specific course of action
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
How To Apply
To apply for this Job, Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date : 14th March. 2022