Job Title: Auditor
Compassion International, an International Evangelical Development Organization in the NGO industry, is seeking for an Internal Auditor for its Ghana National Office.
REPORTS TO: MANAGER OF AUDIT – AFRICA REGION
We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Internal Auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. This highly specialized auditor will be part of a global team that help facilitate organizational accountability and integrity through the existing lines of audit services (I.e., Assurance services, Management consulting and/ or Investigations). The incumbent conducts major examinations of departmental records, and interviews individuals to provide assurance about ministry operations, including compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The senior auditor may also manage and coordinate the activities of colleague auditors and/ or contractors conducting field audits and other engagements for management to review effectiveness of controls, financial records, and operations. She or he will also contribute to the establishment of systems and standards for conducting audits. At this career level, the incumbent leads or conducts major, complex audits and audits for multiple countries. Further, he or she often coaches and oversees the work of other junior auditors as assigned.
The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Plans, performs and leads audits to review supporting documents for compassion operations and communicates findings to audit and operating management.
- Collects and analyzes large amounts of complex data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, excessiveness, wastefulness, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Plans and performs risk assessments and audits and provides assistance to less experienced team members and audit guests to successfully complete planned audit assignments.
- Travels to Compassion project sites to audit operational and financial systems, administration records, accountability procedures, staffing, planning, budgets, specific key result indicators, legal compliance and general management practices. Conducts audits in a facilitative manner, emphasizing opportunities for training and development of ministry partner workers.
- Examines and documents significant risks, complex internal processes, and related controls, and conducts appropriate tests during the audit fieldwork.
- Travels to Compassion partners and inspect programs against documented standards and sound control practices, including reviewing risk assessment systems. Conducts complex audits on a full range of standards and best practices such as management, operational, staffing, legal, planning, procedural, and financial compliance. Conducts audits using a consultative, partnership approach, helping the partner to uncover issues and implement corrective action.
- Frequently coaches, provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other auditors.
Essential Job Functional Competencies
- Demonstrate depth and/or breadth of expertise in performing audit assignments, I.e., internal audits (assurance services), management requests/consulting projects and investigations
- Proven working knowledge of applicable auditing standards and procedures, relevant laws, Industry regulations and best practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and exercise sound judgment.
- Consistently apply and uphold the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality and due professional care.
- Ability to interpret internal/external organizational challenges and recommend practices to improve programs, processes or services.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including relaying difficult concepts and negotiating with others to adopt a different point of view.
- Consistently exhibits maturity and dependability, and able to create and/ or maintain good working relationships with colleagues and the Local leadership.
- Demonstrate a great sense of commitment to her/his job responsibilities, including making sacrifices whenever necessary.
- Ability to lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Ability to lead others into solving complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Basic computer skills including MS Office, accounting software, and databases etc.
Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline
Five to Ten years Professional experience working in audit, finance, risk management, governance, or similar field involving international, inter-cultural operations.
Licenses and Certifications
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) granted by The Institute of Internal Auditors, or similar credentials such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICA), The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) etc.
Verbal and written communication in English and French is required.
The auditor will demonstrate an ability to develop positive and trusting cross-cultural relationships.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Work Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 40% of normal schedule
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, Submit your CV and Application on Company Website By Clicking Here
Closing Date : 7th March. 2022
Compassion International uses standardized job families and associated job descriptions. As such, not all employees will be responsible for all functions on this document. Employees may perform these and/or other similar type and level of duties depending on the work group and country to which they are assigned.