YomYom is the premier and only licensed courier service to have started from Northern Ghana. Since its establishment in 2015, YomYom has provided food and general delivery services to diverse clients (traders, restaurants, hotels, schools, events management companies, transport companies and individuals) in Ghana.
We are looking for an Admin and Finance lead to be the newest member of our Revenue team in this fast-growing logistics company.
You will join a team in transition and growth. YomYom is growing and our revenue team is challenged to scale and ensure the integrity of our revenue accounting. You will be responsible for the implementation of our revenue policy and automation system.
As a highly collaborative company, you will collaborate with many groups including operations, logistics and Jumia and Tech teams.
This role reports directly to the COO.
- Analyze and understand YomYom product/service offerings and related revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Ensuring the accurate reporting of revenue in the company’s accounting system, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations and performing internal controls
- Handling day-to-day, month-end, quarter-end close activities (revenue, account reconciliation, banking, analysis, and reporting)
- Assisting with internal controls and continuous improvement of revenue processes.
- Ensuring the company meets all tax obligations
- Identity new revenue streams and meet revenue generation targets
- Perform administrative and strategic HR functions including: Coordinate submission of relevant documents by all new employees, Proper filing of staff employment documents, ensure staff files are updated, Maintenance of records related to vacations, sick leave, grievances and other staff matters, determine staff training needs and organize relevant trainings for staff
We do not care about your CERTIFICATE we are interested in the following:
- You have a very good attitude and an admirable character
- You aren’t afraid to take initiative, voice your ideas, and help us get the information and results we need
- You have prior Data analysis/finance/Accounting work experience
- Enjoy working in a startup environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a trusted teammate in a dynamic environment
- Proven written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong Excel and PC skills
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong reconciliation skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial learning environment
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Bonus when targets are met
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements, please email your a cover letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Admin and Finance lead‘. Kindly state your salary expectations in the letter.
Closing Date: 23 March, 2022