Job Position: Data Analyst
Location: Accra, Ghana
Deadline Date: 03/09/2022
Starting Date: 03/21/2022
1. Strengthened governance and enabling environment of host-country HIS
2. Increased availability and interoperability of quality health data and information systems
3. Increased demand and use of health data and information to address health priorities, gaps, and challenges
4. Strengthened organizational development of local partners for sustained health data use.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for leading all data quality improvement, data analysis, and related activities under the direction of the CHISU Resident Advisor for Ghana. These activities include strengthening the capacity of Ghana Health Service staff to enable full and sustainable use of health information systems, and increasing availability, interoperability, and quality of health data. The Data analyst will support at both the national and sub national levels in Ghana.
- Strengthen the collection, analysis and use of health data for decision making by supporting the selection, collection and processing of relevant health information;
- Improve the capacity at the national and regional levels of health service to enhance data analysis and interpretation;
- Facilitate access to data that will improve its use by enabling analysis by sex and other disaggregation’s, generate information to improve the quality and coverage of service delivery, and assist with the development of a comprehensive data analysis resource that can benefit all health programs, including the national malaria program;
- Promote gender equity in data analysis and interpretation;
- Support the deployment of new tools, methods and processes to improve the generation of information products (e.g. data visualizations, dashboards, GIS maps) and promote their adoption and use;
- Provide national and regional level support in data analysis methods to improve capacity to understand barriers to coverage, access and quality of health programs;
- Advise the MOH/GHS on new data science techniques (e.g. artificial intelligence and machine learning) and assist with the implementation of these new techniques to improve the use of data at all levels of the health system;
- Provide technical assistance at the national and subnational levels to effectively use data collected through HMIS for decision making;
- Plan and conduct assessments to understand barriers to the use of information and develop tailored interventions to improve the quality and use of data; and
- Help the MOH/GHS to implement a standardized measure of the quality of data collected regularly by programs in the national HMIS.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the following disciplines is required: information systems, health informatics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, epidemiology, public health, biostatistics or a related field;
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience doing data analysis, cleaning, and validation is required;
- Expertise and hands-on experience with database design, data model development, query languages, and ETL process is highly desirable;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Possess a solid understanding of database architecture and data warehouse infrastructure;
- Knowledge of big data concepts, strategies, and methodologies;
- Practical knowledge and experience with leading database systems, reporting, and business intelligence tools (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Tableau, and SAS) is desirable;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other data manipulation tools is required;
- Knowledge of performance measures, root cause analysis and continuous improvement is required;
- Understanding of the Malaria control program and its surveillance or Monitoring and evaluation system, DHIMS2, events-based surveillance and data collection at the community level;
- Previous work with the Ghana Health Service and relevant Directorates at national, regional and sub-regional levels would be an advantage;
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: DHIS2, OpenHIE, FHIR, SurveyCTO, Magpi, CommCare, GIS platforms, Community Health Toolkit, RapidPro, Android / iOS development;
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely and in an integrated manner with a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to take initiative to produce expected results; and
- Ability to speak and write reports in English.
Must be based and able to work in Ghana.
Salary commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by CLICKING HERE TO APPLY by 03/09/2022.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.