Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
Job Position: Systems Integration ArchitectSystems Integration Architect
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are an experienced Systems Integration Architect professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head Technology Business Partnership, The Systems Integration Architect will be responsible for the planning, coordination, development, implementation, and supervision of all activities including identifying suitable fit for purpose technology if needed related to the integration of software programs, applications, databases, and third-party solutions to meet the business requirements of the organization. The integration needs are primarily focused on connecting on-premises and cloud-based commercial software applications, such as ERP, CRM, CMS, Business Intelligence, and other Business systems. This individual will also be responsible for developing and maintaining an application integration architecture blueprint for the organization that defines the procedures, standards, and principles to unite all databases and workflows associated across all systems to ensure that the appropriate data is correctly represented across all the systems and that the business uses the information consistently. Critical part of the ongoing accountability is to design and implement changes when any core business data is changed by one application so that it is correctly reflected across all the organization’s applications.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Continuous engagement and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Responsible for documenting current systems integration and create the initial view of the enterprises system integration landscape.
- Develop EA standards, data architecture standards, and EA governance frameworks, for inclusion in the overall system integration standards.
- Develop and maintain the integration technology platform to include cloud based, commercial or open-source integration platforms.
- Provide expert advice to project teams on use of integration technology, data architecture and modeling, system architecture including integration best practices.
- Oversee critical steps within the Software Development Life Cycle components that impact enterprise-wide development / architecture standards.
- Provide oversight in standards adherence through reviews of project work including detailed technical specifications and application code.
- Work with project teams in definition of requirements for integration strategies of their projects into the Enterprise Architecture.
- Manage internal resources as well as augmented or externally sourced team members when assigned.
- Oversee development and support of batch and back-end processes related to the application portfolio in the cloud or on prem.
- Assist with incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution.
- Communicate project status to various levels of management.
- Oversee the technology and standards for version control.
- Partner with leaders of other IT disciplines to ensure proposed solutions align with information, technology, infrastructure, business, and security architectures.
- Review and discuss all technical solution designs from external vendors considered by the organization to ensure the needs of the Foundation are met.
- Consider risk factors such as cyber hacking, breaches, and business continuity to minimize exposure to the solutions and technologies across the enterprise.
- Occasional regional travel.
- All other projects and duties as required or assigned.
- Applies job knowledge to make disciplined decisions in a timely fashion.
- Focus on solutions that are aligned for efficiency and re-usability across the enterprise.
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions even when all the information is not known.
- Ability to recommend creative and innovative technical solutions with standard and non-standard approaches and technologies.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Systems Engineering, information sciences, and Technology or another related field is required.
- Advance knowledge and application of Cloud based enterprise architecture, systems architecture, integration architecture and data architecture standards, frameworks, and practices.
- Proven capability of end-to-end business processes designing, procedures, and business rules in conjunction with business partners, designing new and mapping existing business processes through research, interviews, and facilitation sessions.
- Experience driving adoption of new applications, processes, and revised functionality.
- Expertise in solution design and development, vendor management, enterprise application support, in addition to strong business understanding and project management.
- Experience with the implementation of Continuous Integration practices and tooling to support automated build, delivery, and regression test of commercial software.
- A passion for all things tech and has a drive to experiment with new technologies to see where they can benefit the business.
- Experience in a supervisory role on an integration development team.
- Advanced skill in creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of market, industry and business fundamentals.
- An interest in staying hands-on technical as well as wearing that team management hat
- Established project leading/management skills
- Knowledge of common system integration methods and technologies including Web services, SOAP, JSON, XML Schema Definition (XSD), Extensible Markup Language (XML), Business process automation and orchestration tools and software i.e., Microsoft PowerApps, MuleSoft.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in backend DB, and both batch and real-time integration development technologies and practices.
- Proven capability and experience using API’s from Cloud based and commercial software applications, such ERP systems and Advance Analytical reporting applications
- Proven ability to synthesize complex information and communicate key issues using presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint) and visual techniques into highly enjoyable and easy to consume formats.
- Understanding of the different application architectures.
- In-depth understanding of cloud-based technologies and applications.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 10th July. 2022
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.