Melcom is a supermarket chain consisting of 42 shops spread all over Ghana. It was started in 1989 by Indian magnate Bhagwan Khubchandani. His late father, Ramchand Khubchandani, had arrived in the then Gold Coast in 1929 as a 14-year-old to work as a store boy. Melcom Group of Companies is a family business.
The Melcom Group of Companies consists of six separate entities: Melcom Limited, Century Industries Limited, Crownstar Electronic Industries Limited, Melcom Hospitality, Melcom Travels, and Melcom Care. Aside from conquering an extensive retail market share with a network of 42 retail outlets spread all over Ghana (Melcom Limited), the Group is well-diversified into other businesses.
Melcom Group is best known for its shopping mall, Melcom Limited. As Ghana’s largest chain of retail department stores, Melcom offers thousands of products and hundreds of well known brands.
Role: Audit Assistant
Location: Tema Freezones Enclave
QUALIFICATION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Candidates must poses at least an HND or Degree in Accounting or Finance. Recognized University in Ghana.
- Execute audit assistant functions to check the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures.
- Review, assess and recommend changes in accounting systems and controls of a business unit.
- Verify and inspect accounts receivable and payable ledgers and general ledger for its accuracy.
- Check, inspect and reconcile bank deposits and payments.
- Inspect, test and assess software and hardware systems for its failure.
- Check all accounting and clients’ databases are updated and functioning properly.
- Study, inspect and assess, budgets, balance sheets and other related financial statements and records.
- Review and recommend changes in internal audit controls.
- Check and verify accounting books and records are in conformity with industry practices and corporate policies.
- Ensure compliance of regulatory guidelines and generally accepted auditing standards.
Budgeted Salary: Gh800 – Gh1000
This role is strictly an entry-level role so we strongly advise those who just completed their 2021 national service to apply.
Preference will also be given to candidates who stay in Tema, Ashaiman, and Kpone.
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly send your application and CV with the role as the subject together with your location. Eg. ‘’ Audit Assistant – Ashiaman ’’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlist candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 10th March 2022
Please any job vacancy in kumasi