The Nursery Technicians will take charge of establishing dedicated model tree nurseries and day-to-day maintenance of the nurseries.
Job Title: Nursery Technician
Reporting to: Project Team Leader
Duty Post: Anyanui/Keta/Anloga
Project Team Leader, propagule collectors/contractors, farmers
managing tree nursery and production of seedlings.
- Provide training for propagule collectors.
- Take charge of day-to-day management and maintenance of the tree nursery.
- Responsible for the production of seedlings of high genetic variability to promote biodiversity.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of mangrove species native to the Keta-Anlo landscape.
- Certificate in Forestry/West African Senior School Certificate or any analogous qualification.
- Experience of managing a tree nursery of at least, a capacity of 100,000 tree seedlings per year.
How To Apply
- A covering letter explaining why you are applying for the position and relating your experience and skills to the roles indicated in the job advertisement (include your salary expectations) in your cover letter.
- Full CV, contact details for two referees.
- Email your application to email@example.com or deliver by hand to FoE-Gh addressing it to the Director, Friends of the Earth-Ghana, Private Mail Bag, Accra.
The closing date for applications is Friday 29 April 2022 (12:00 midnight Ghana time).
Regrettably, due to limited resources and the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.