Talent and Partners is both an employer of record (EOR) and professional employer organisation (PEO) solutions provider for international businesses operating in Africa. We serve as the employer of record for your contract workers while your contractor or consultant performs work at your company or at a different client company. We handle all administrative functions like payroll, compensation and benefits and immigration solutions, while the client company determines the scope of work to be performed by the employee. Our unique local expertise supports your business growth.
One of our valued clients is looking to hire an experienced and dedicated Technical Writer and Process Documentation Specialist. Our client is a leader in water and energy efficiency solutions industry. They are on a journey to create disruptive solutions to provide the world with clean water and sanitation.
What is it about the job?
The Technical Writer and Process Documentation Specialist will develop technical documentation for applications and system processes. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, manuals, references, or instruction. Regardless of the content medium, technical writers are distinguished by their abilities to explain complex topics in a way that’s useful to their audience.
Among other exciting tasks, you will:
- Work closely with project teams to understand documentation requirement
- Develop, write, and edit functional descriptions, system specifications, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents
- Design information architecture for complex documentation sets
- Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by both technical and non-technical clients
- Conduct research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology
- Reviews documents for technical accuracy in accordance with best practice
- Analysis of data and compilation of reports related to documentation
- Deal with storage, folder organization, and access of documentation and data protection
- Create user documentation for a variety of material
- Working with the Test Manager in handling the System Test cycle
- Mentor and coach of graduates/interns.
What do you need to apply?
- Technical writing skills as demonstrated through previous work experience and or formal education especially in software and hardware development cycle.
- 2+ years of experience with source code in two or more languages and writing for a developer audience
- Experience collaborating with Engineers, Software Developers and Scrum Masters
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including technical subject matter experts and stakeholder
- Strong XML/HTML skills
- Problem solving skills; willingness and flexibility to foresee and overcome obstacles.
- Effective communicator, ability to multitask, analytical and has strong attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to speak other languages is a plus.
Talent and Partners is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the role/title as subject
Closing Date: 4th February, 2022