Paystack New Job Opportunity. Paystack helps businesses in Africa get paid by anyone, from anywhere in the world. Thousands of businesses of all sizes use our modern payments platform, including MTN, UPS, AXA Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 6 years, our close-knit team now processes over 50% of all online payments in Nigeria. Recently, we were acquired by global payments leader Stripe to accelerate online commerce across Africa.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help! You can also apply for the Amazing job Opportunity at Global Talent Masters.
POSITION: User Operations Specialist
About the User Operations Specialist Role
We’re looking for smart, empathetic problem solvers to join our User Operations team to support users interacting with Paystack.
We approach customer support a little differently at Paystack. For one thing, customer support is housed within our Growth department, which reflects our deep belief that the quality of our customer interactions is an important growth lever. Our customer support team is also deeply embedded within our product delivery teams, to ensure a strong feedback loop between what we’re seeing in the field, and rapid process and feature improvements.
What this means is that in addition to responding quickly and helpfully to both merchants and merchants’ customers, our primary goal within the User Operations team is to build scalable systems that preempt friction before it happens. And where we discover inefficiency, we work closely with cross-functional teams to implement long-term solutions which ensure that those issues never happen again.
We’re able to do this by hiring smart, empathetic problem-solvers, and giving them custom tools that empower them to accelerate growth for Paystack merchants.
You’ll actively engage and advocate for merchants with the aim to help them win and grow with Paystack. You’ll advise merchants on how to implement Paystack’s suite of products in order to deliver value. This means you’ll need to understand our merchants’ business models and guide them on how best to leverage Paystack tools to succeed.
You’ll be responsible for tracking and sharing insights on the growth trends as well as issues faced by our merchants and collaborating with our Product teams to fix them. You’ll ensure that we have processes in place that will help us deliver stellar support to merchants efficiently on all our support channels.
You’ll educate merchants through our self-serve Help Center documentation, webinars, and one-on-one interactions to ensure that they’re operating according to best practices and experiencing the value Paystack delivers.
Paystack is one of the largest payments companies in Nigeria, with a presence in Ghana, South Africa, Cote d’Ivoire, and more countries coming soon. So as a member of the team, you’ll engage with literally thousands of businesses, learning a lot about different business models and industries, and about how money moves within the countries we operate and across the continent.
This is a remote-friendly, full-time role, reporting directly to the Customer Success Manager for User Operations (Engagements). The successful candidate will ideally be physically located in Ghana. The role will require occasional travel to Lagos, Nigeria at least four times a year when it’s safer to travel.
We’ll trust you to
- Work closely with our Business Process Outsourcing partners to provide support to merchants and their customers. You’ll identify areas for improvement and create processes for efficient support
- Understand the product and payment needs of the merchants in Ghana and share these ideas with the internal teams at Paystack
- Work with our Key Account Managers to support our fastest-growing merchants
- Proactively identify ways we can improve the sign-up and account activation process for businesses
- Work with assigned Product Teams to deeply understand and improve some aspects of Paystack’s suite of products
- Ensure that self-serve Help Desk knowledge base reflects the tone that the Ghanaian market understands and update them as needed so that merchants can get answers quickly
- Work with the Expansion team to continuously expand our product offering so we can deliver value to businesses in Ghana
- Stay on top of all the trends, feedback, and complaints from merchants we serve and share insights with internal teams on how to support merchants better with Paystack’s product.
- Escalate transaction issues to and liaise with external partners such as banks for resolution
- Represent Paystack at self-hosted and external events
You’ll thrive as a User Operations Specialist if you
- Are an excellent writer and speaker of English, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain, compelling language
- Embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- Enjoy digging deep into data, analyzing user feedback, and using these insights to drive improvements
- Appreciate the importance of following up: either with members of the Paystack team on behalf of customers, or following up with customers to assure them that their issue is being worked on
- Are able to take complex problems and simplify them into simple processes that others can follow to find a solution
- Are interested in learning all you can about how to provide world-class customer support
- Love to do the work to solve complex issues when the answers are not readily available
- Are proactive, able to take initiative, and seek solutions to recurring issues rather than managing the status quo
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, submit your application through the company’s online portal: CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
NOTE: In your cover letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm GMT on the 20th of March, 2022.