Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG), a branch of MSI Reproductive Choices global partnership is the leading Sexual Reproductive Health and rights organization in Ghana providing high quality, safe services, and advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has access to safe services when and where they are needed.
MSIG has vacancies for passion-driven, well-organized, client-oriented, and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future.
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
- Length of Contract: One (1) year
- Location: Accra
The Procurement and Fleet Manager is responsible for enhancing business systems – fleet and procurement management systems for MSIG support office, regional offices (4), and MSIG clinics/Centres (8 clinics) –in order to achieve maximum efficiency and effective management.
The Procurement and Fleet Manager will work closely and collaboratively with other teams, report directly to the Finance Director, and be responsible for a maximum of three (3) direct reports.
The post is based in Accra and requires minimal travel to all MSIG Regional offices. The individual will also support all MSIG team members with their procurement and logistics-related needs/requirements.
Procurement and other Business Systems
- Ensure procurement is thoroughly planned and forecasted in advance, monitored on a regular basis
- Supply Chain elements are monthly monitored to enable visibility on performance gaps, highlight areas of improvement and appropriate commodities security levels
- Develop and execute improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing/procurement in MSIG
- Ensure the development and completion of procurement manual and implement procedures to meet MSI procurement standards
- Evaluate and enhance procurement operations both locally and globally
- Delegate tasks and supervise the work of procurement officers and ensure they are following the agreed standards and providing support as agreed across all departments
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal procurement efficiency
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce overall expenses while increasing productivity
- Perform procurement cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Ensure procurement team is coordinating procurement deliveries with support from stores and the correct procured items are being received into MSIG stores.
- Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
- Provide any other support needed to improve logistics and procurement
- Support the fleet management team to function effectively
- Provide and ensure that state of the art fleet management and vehicle tracking is installed, maintained, used for decision making, and in use in all MSIG vehicles
- Ensure internal stakeholders have access to fleet system reports to facilitate proper management of MSIG’s fleet.
Leadership and Staff Management
- Support direction and retention of direct reports
- Provide the leadership and guidance to MSIG’s procurement and logistics unit to enhance individual and team productivity; motivate, coach, and build capacity
- Continuously set and review annual performance targets using the Performance Review system for team members
- Ensure team staffing composition is fit for purpose and that all roles and responsibilities are relevant for organizational priorities and well-communicated
- Ensure a high level of participation by team members in MSIG activities and events
- Foster strong working relationships with other MSIG teams; set an example in collaboration across teams.
Required Skills or Experience
- University Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Health Sciences or similar
- Professional qualification in Procurement, Supply Chain and/or Fleet Management
- Specialized skills in procurement, logistics, and fleet management
- Fluent English both oral and written.
- At least 5 years of relevant post-graduation relevant work experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of high-level managerial experience in either procurement of fleet management
- Experience managing fleet or business units
- Experience managing procurement-related activities
- Experience in rolling out new business systems that generate efficiencies
- Experience in issuing and managing contracts
- Experience in managing crises in a high-risk environment, including legal components dealing with contractors and suppliers
- Experience in leading teams and building capacity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; able to write high-quality reports
- Articulate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in working for and with NGOs (or multilateral or bilateral agencies such as the UN); specific experience working with international NGOs desired
- Experience in managing projects (could include renovations, relocations, donor projects, business projects, and facilities management)
- Demonstrated experience in working across teams and with external stakeholders and partners
- Experience in managing business, department, project, or donor budgets
- Able to develop and articulate a clear strategic vision
- Negotiation, influencing, and conflict management skills
- Excellent written, reading, and spoken English Language skills
- Highly IT literate
- Effective leadership and management skills
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organizational change.
Motivation And Attitude
- Sympathetic to young women and men seeking contraception and other reproductive health services
- Hard-working and results-focused
- Able to work independently and with own initiative
- Problem-solving and “can do” approach to challenges
- Enjoys motivating team members to deliver results
- Team player
- Pro-family planning and pro-choice
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application by filling out this online form via the below link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
These are local positions. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
Females are encouraged to apply
CLOSING DATE: The submission deadline is Close of Business on 4th February 2022.
Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted