Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting vulnerable people from violence around the world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in over 30 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
After 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of its impact, with the Vision to protect 500 million people by the year 2030, IJM’s Procurement Lead, Regional Accounting Services is seeking a Procurement Specialist, Regional Accounting Services, Africa & Europe.
This position is based in the Africa & Europe region and reports to the Sr. Lead, Global Finance & Accounting, Africa & Europe Region.
- Communication with suppliers and potential suppliers as directed by Country Office.
- Maintain a close relationship with Country Office operational and financial staff for the purpose of collaborating to ensure processes effectively support Country Office financial operations and division goals.
- Assist with preparation of contracts and working closely with Country Office operational teams and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
- Create purchase orders in Workday within policy guidelines.
- Provide input and help support punchout list.
- Work through exceptions on purchase order receipt variations.
- Partner with AP teams to answer any inquiries related to purchase order vs invoice.
- Adhere to IJM Procurement policies.
- Drive process improvement initiatives and foster a customer service culture, including reporting on KPIs and communications with stakeholders, develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Timely procurement of approved requisitions.
- Ensuring consistent use of suppliers within Workday.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation in Workday and contract repositories as indicated by IJM (regional and global).
- Accountable for Workday data compliance.
- Work closely with Procurement Lead and accounting teams, including ensuring completeness and accuracy of documentation required for annual audits and quarterly reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field like Business Management, Contract Management, or Procurement;
- At least 3 years’ experience in procurement, with a minimum of 2 years in accounting division;
- Financial and numerical skills;
- High-level of attention to detail;
- Articulate communicator, able to make finance and accounting concepts and processes clear to fellow accounting professionals and non-accountants alike;
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with people from diverse cultures and disciplines;
- Interpersonal skillset with strong networking ability;
- Exceptional collaborator with diverse teams;
- High credibility with staff and partners;
- Customer service excellence; and
- Experience with Workday or similar ERP systems is essential.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
- Adept at creative problem solving.
How To Apply
Interested Persons should submit applications via the company’s website: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
DEADLINE: 31ST JULY 2022