Al Jazeera English is an award-winning 24-hour international news channel providing international news and current affairs that places people at the heart of the story, rooted in the belief that everyone has a story worth hearing. Through its fearless journalism and renown programming, it tells authentic stories about people everywhere, without geographical or cultural prejudice.
Exciting opportunities now exist at our headquarters in Doha for an experienced Programme Editor to join the team.
Programme Editor will be responsible for producing news programmes consistent with Al Jazeera’s commitment to accuracy, balance and quality production. You will decide the editorial lines of the day and how stories should be developed and presented and be responsible for outputting live news shows from the gallery.
- Produce accurate, balanced, well produced, viewer focused programmes
- Ensure Al Jazeera English content and coverage is consistent with Al Jazeera’s standards and goals
- Decide on the editorial lines of the day and direct the team to achieve it
- Participate in the editorial meeting and propose ideas on what news stories need more coverage and content development
- Discuss ideas with the news teams and producers and decide on what stories to be presented for the day
- Write scripts, openings and closings for programmes / reports and edit videos for stories to be presented
- Work with creative on creating video walls and producing sections for certain shows
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Media, Communication or other related fields
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in al newsroom as a senior journalist
- Local and international knowledge in international affairs and knowledge in news sources and Aljazeera editorial integrity and ethics.
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit their applications via the company’s website: CLICK HERE TO APPLY