The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world.
We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise.
We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications
The job sits in Projects in the International Higher Education team which is located in Ghana. The post reports to the Project Delivery Manager. The post will mainly support the project team to create and maintain a network of internal and external service providers and partners to meet all project targets. International Higher Education (IHE) is a portfolio of Higher Education activities which seeks to promote collaborative research, capacity building, conferences, policy dialogues and promoting UK education.
To support the direct and indirect delivery of the IHE Projects in Ghana.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- To effectively deliver products, services and networks to enable Ghana acheive defined
- regional and local project outcomes.
- Provide the administrative and “hands-on” support to ensure Higher Education events are run in accordance with British Council expectations. Ensure branding and communications are in place, and that audience feedback is gathered and subsequently recorded.
- Work with the Customer Services and Communications Officer to ensure that Higher Education activities in Ghana, and across the British Council are communicated regularly and fully via digital platforms (website and social media).
- Ensure supplier and procurement standards are maintained in all transactions and project activity.
- Provide financial support to the project managers, including raising of purchase orders, getting
- quotes from suppliers, producing reports, tracking payments and correcting mis-postings
- Administrative Support: As required and delegated by the team members
Role specific knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- University Degree
- Team work Track-record of working successfully as a member of a team to achieve goals, and of taking personal responsibility for specific project areas.
- Relevant administration experience as well as past experience of communicating digitally.
- Experience in organising events
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your CV and complete the online application. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 6 July 2022