Qualification Required & Experience
- be an internationally acclaimed scholar of professorial status or equivalent status in an analogous institution;
- be a distinguished scholar with capacity to motivate and direct staff;
- exhibit high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills and must be above reproach;
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for a common purpose;
- be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment;
- be able to attract grants and funds for research and development activities in the College;
- be an individual of stature and integrity;
- have background in education, arts, social sciences or law;
- have a number of years of experience in university management and administration.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The appointment, which is full-time, is for a term of three years renewable, upon completion, for a second consecutive term of three years only, subject to application and interview.
- The applicant should be able to serve a full three-year term of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60 years.
- A successful candidate, who is not a Faculty Member of University of Cape Coast prior to the appointment, may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the term(s) if that is before his/her sixtieth (60th) birthday.
- The successful applicant shall be expected to take office on 1st August, 2022.
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should complete and submit Application Forms together with eight (8) copies of curricula vitae, relevant supporting documents and three-page vision statement to the address below
University of Cape Coast
Electronic copies of the application documents should be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address.
- The application should be labelled, “APPLICATION FOR PROVOST”.
- The application form is obtainable from the Directorate of Human Resource and the University’s website (https://bit.ly/ProvostAppForm).
Closing Date: 31 March, 2022