Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Job Title: Finance & Compliance Manager
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSlers around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
We are looking for a Finance and Compliance Manager (FCM) based in Accra, Ghana to support PSI’s Insecticide Treated Net (ITN) work for the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) VectorLink project. VectorLink is equipping countries to plan and implement safe, cost-effective and sustainable life-saving malaria vector control interventions with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. The FCM will assist the implementation of VectorLink activities in Ghana. The FCM should have strong management qualifications and international experience with USAID and other donors. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of delivering results in field offices and working in fast paced environments.
The VectorLink FCM, reporting to VectorLink ITN Team Lead, will be responsible for helping to plan and manage activity budgets while assuring compliance with regulations and financial/administrative best practices. S/he will oversee office procurements to make sure they’re in line with PSI and USG policies.
- Contribute to organizational strategic planning and goal setting in line with the PSI global strategic plan
- Help plan, develop, and maintain financial and administrative systems for PSI in Ghana
- Adapt PSI global personnel, travel, and HR policies for PSI Ghana
- Ensure finance operations, IT, procurement, warehouse, Subaward and fleet management activities are delivered
efficiently, where appropriate; Establish and support suitable accounting, asset management and general administrative systems review and test controls to ensure office systems are compliant with PSI Global Services Finance, Grants and Contracts policies, donor requirements, as well as Country laws.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections and monitoring of
- Maintain sound financial policies/procedures, systems, and practices for effective management on procurement and
ial resources to keep in compliance with PSI Global accounting policies, funder requirements and local law where required.
- Support preparation and successful conclusion of internal and external auditing activities including annual donor audit reporting, Successful implementation of Audit recommendations Lead the development of quarterly/annual
with Programs and co-lead monthly review and analysis of financial reports and reconciliations with attention to how resources can be better allocated to achieve program objectives, Budgeting, Financial Analysis, Modifications and Activity realignments and Donor compliance; Validate monthly
common cost analysis
- Work closely with the Finance Staff to prepare submission of monthly financial packages to PSI/W and to ensure
complete, accurate and timely recording and reporting of transactions Maintain the fixed asset register, Maintain the
chart of accounts and the master project list
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Review and approve travel, sub-recipient, and pre-payments to vendors
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc financial reports as needed
- Strengthen capacity of Finance and Compliance teams, direct reports and sub partner teams in an organization
capacity assessment (OCA) and strengthening approach
- Prepare and review new contracts and lease agreements in coordination with PSI-Washington Program Management
team and ensure timely renewal of all relevant agreements
- Work closely with in-country technical team and HQ-based team to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project
- Ensure compliance with USAID PMI operational policies and regulations, and appropriate use of donor funds
- Ensure branding and marking requirements are properly administered throughout
- Project implementation including subawards.
- Promote and demonstrate an ethical environment in line with PSI’s values and of honesty and acting with integrity
- Other tasks as assigned
- Interpret and advise project staff on FAR/AIDAR regulations and guidelines, project specific policies, and PSI policies.
- Manage subcontracts including:
- Preparing consent to subcontract requests for donor/funder approval.
- Conduct pre-award assessments of subcontractors, draft selection, and negotiation memoranda, and develop risk
based monitoring plans for subcontractors.
- Review prior audits to identify areas for improvement related to contract management.
- Ensure that site visits and ongoing monitoring of subcontractors are conducted and documented throughout program
- Conduct periodic compliance and programmatic reviews and closeouts in coordination with the Associate Program
Manager, Grants & Contracts Department, and Finance & Admin Officer
- Ensure proper reporting and compliance for all subcontract, consultant, and procurement actions.
- Liaise with the Associate Program Manager and the Grants and Contracts department in DC for complex contractual
- Prepare close-out documentation. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills or Experience
What are we looking for?
- MBA with finance specialty or chartered accountant with experience working at senior levels OR Bachelor of Science
Degree in Commerce/Business Administration/Accounting or related field
- Working knowledge of integrated, accrual-basis accounting systems such as QuickBooks Enterprise, Lawson, or
- Understanding of country office systems including finance and administrative reporting
- Working knowledge of US government rules and regulations for cooperative agreements
- Contract management and compliance expertise
- Supervisory experience with good track record of managing junior staff
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of malaria and public health issues is desired
- Fluency in English required
- Work authorization in Ghana is required
What would get us excited?
- Experienced manager: You have been a previous Finance & Admin Manager for an international NGO in Ghana (or
outside of) before. You have at least 8 years of experience in international development or public health projects in Ghana
- Capacity Builder: You have experience in building teams, setting up systems, empowering local technical,
management and leadership capacity.
- Collaborative manager: You are able to inspire a shared vision for eliminating malaria in Ghana. You have
successfully helped your staff learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
- A connector: You have experience working with Ministries of Health, donors, health care companies, and other
implementing partners. You are able to listen to others and identify challenges and work with local leaders to creatively address gaps.
How To Apply
To apply for this position CLICK HERE
DEADLINE: 26TH JAN, 2022