The Government of Barbados is seeking to recruit experienced, dynamic, and committed individuals who are interested in a challenging yet highly rewarding professional opportunity for the position of:
POSITION: Psychiatric Hospital
FACILITY: THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND WELLNESS
The Psychiatric Hospital is the lone mental health institution on the island with a bed capacity of 535 patients. Care is delivered under the Mental Health Act Cap 45. This Hospital offers a variety of mental health services inclusive of psychological, recreational, occupational, social work, and drug rehabilitation therapy.
The candidate must be a highly motivated individual able to deliver empathetic, competent, patient-centered care at the hospital in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A fully Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana who holds an Associate Degree or a Bachelor of Science Degree in General Nursing with a minimum of three (3) years experienceas a Registered Nurse with post qualification in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Suitable Candidates highly motivated
Each candidate is required to provide the following:
- Application Form;
- Updated curriculum vitae;
- Three (3) copies of nursing qualifications with original certificates for verification;
- Proof of current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana,
- Two (2) original police certificates of character dated within the last six (6) months;
- Two (2)reference letters dated no more than six (6) months from the date
- Biodata page of a valid passport and must not expire within two (2) years;
- The original and one copy of the Birth Certificate;
- Three (3) certified passport-sized photos;
- Where applicable, evidence of change name (e.g. marriage certificate);
- Completed Pre-Employment Health Screening Form with evidence of Medical Immunization Record of MMR, (2) doses; HEP B, (3) doses and Lab evidence of immunity (immune or non-immune) must be provided after the vaccine series is completed, polio, DPT, yellow fever, BCG, Chicken Pox (2) doses and COVID-19 Vaccination (s);
- Letter of appointment to the Service if applicable;
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Barbados Form,
- Possession of current Basic Life Support certification; and
- Nurses with critical care experience should possess Advanced Life Support Certification.
NOTE: Candidates are required to submit all the necessary documents including certified copies of qualifications and professional registration on the day of the scheduled interview.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged
HOW TO APPLY
The MOH-HRHD International Recruitment Portal will be opened on Friday, 31 st December 2021,
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 5th January 2022 for applicants to apply