Miro Forestry Ghana Limited is a sustainable forestry plantation developer and manufacturer of timber products. The Company has its offices located at Drobonso, Sekyere Afram Plains District in the Ashanti Region of Ghana and plantations near Agogo and Mampong.
We are busy recruiting for the various job positions to assist in our Forestry and Plymill operations as outlined here below:
POSITION: Research Assistant
DUTY STATION: Drobonso
Core Duties at Miro Forestry Ghana Limited
- To implement cost-effective and best methods of establishing, maintaining, and assessing research trials (land preparation, tree establishment, fertilization, weeding, termite control, data collection, pest, and diseases monitoring) according to research protocols.
- Prepare interview questions and summarize results.
- Perform literature reviews.
- Conduct research and summarize findings.
- Respond to emails relating to research.
- Attend project meetings.
- Update website content.
- Prepare progress reports.
- Check the work progress of undergraduate students involved in the project.
- Monitor the project budget.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Knowledge of research methods.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
Job holder’s attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or Diploma in Forestry or Agro-forestry.
- At least two years experience in Forestry, or Agro-forestry environment at field technical level.
- Ability to interpret trials designs
- Competent in using GPS, Vertex, diameter calipers or tape
- Computer literate
- Competitive Monthly Salary and benefits and yearly performance bonus to be paid to the successful candidates. Recruitment and placement to be done immediately
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply to quote either of the relevant position on the email subject line and attach the following documents
- Application letter and one-page statement stating why you consider yourself to be the right kind candidate for the said position
- Certificates and Testimonials
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Current and expected Gross monthly salary and benefits
CLOSING DATE: 14 January 2022 ( at 11.59 pm GMT)