Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Resilience Lead for the upcoming Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II – Systems Strengthening Activity. This Activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. The RING II – Systems Strengthening Activity will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Resilience Lead will provide leadership and management oversight of technical activities that seek to strengthen agricultural productivity; link farmers to profitable market systems; improve nutrition, sanitation and hygiene practices; and expand community support and social services for vulnerable households. This position will require frequent travel regions and districts where the program is being implemented. The activity will work in the following regions: Northern, North East, Upper East, and Upper West.
The position will be based in Tamale, Ghana.
- Provide thought leadership and technical expertise on agricultural development and livelihoods strategies, partnerships, and activities.
- Provide technical and administrative oversight for the implementation of a results-oriented program strategy regionally and in specific districts.
- Facilitate collaboration across program components and with advisors to ensure implementation of activities in each district.
- Direct and innovate cross-cutting program activities across sub-regional teams, including in livelihoods, nutrition and hygiene, community and local governance, social inclusion, and behavior change.
- Assist in strategic annual work planning of regional activities and contribute to quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements.
- Provide input to the project’s research and monitoring and evaluation activities and work with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to incorporate lessons learned to enhance project results.
- Provide input to regular status and progress reports to USAID.
- Provide inputs to the finance and administration team necessary for project budget projections, expenditures, tracking and reporting.
- Collaborate actively with project staff and stakeholders and promote a culture of collaboration within the project.
- Ensure that lessons learned, and best practices are documented and shared.
- Travel frequently to sub-regional offices for compliance, training, and tracking consistency across implementation activities.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, international development, community development, nutrition or a related field with 8-10 years of professional experience or Bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years of professional experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing the implementation of field-level activities, including working with district government officials and local civil society/community-based organizations in northern Ghana.
- Demonstrated management skills on projects that encourage individuals and households to practice health, nutrition, WASH, and care practices, with a particular focus on young children and women of reproductive age .
- Demonstrated team building and team management leading to high quality work in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Experience working with international development organizations in Ghana required.
- USAID experience highly preferred.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Word and other Microsoft Office programs as well as common internet applications/
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 15th July. 2022