Are you excited by the prospect of transforming developing and emerging nations through the application of technology? Do you have experience with partnership management and fundraising in the technology or education space in emerging or developing countries? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Tomorrow Partnership is the Tony Blair Institute’s work with political leaders and governments to bring tech and digital solutions to their biggest challenges, because we believe tomorrow will belong to those who responsibly harness the power of technology for the good of all people, and to leave no one behind.
Through The Tomorrow Partnership, we broker strategic partnerships between governments and leading tech organisations and innovators to help foster environments that enable tech to deliver practical change in people’s lives.
We are looking for an exceptional Partnership and Fundraising Consultant to join our team in Ghana. The Consultant will support the Ministry of Communications and Digitalisation as they structure and develop a partnership and fundraising strategy for flagship tech transformation projects in the education and upskilling space. The postholder will be part of our global Tomorrow Partnership programme, working closely with the Government of Ghana in support of the country’s priorities.
The immediate task is to work with the Ministry of Communications and Digitisation to structure and develop a partnership and fundraising strategy for a digital training and upskilling program dedicated to young women in the technology space in Ghana. This will entail:
- Developing a partnership and fundraising strategy for the programme, including fundraising and partnership goals, terms and format of envisioned partnerships, the approach to fundraise across various types of donors and a detailed roadmap to reaching defined goals
- Elaborating a fundraising and communication package to be shared with potential partners, funders and a wider audience overseeing the development of the programme’s website and managing outreach and social media campaigns
- Writing proposals for grants and partnerships geared towards institutional donors, multi-donor funds, large trusts, foundations and other similar institutions
- Contributing to the development of a sustainable model for the initiative, making sure to identify and network with the ecosystem that will eventually house and support the project once the initial funding goal is achieved
This role will be a 6-month short-term consultancy embedded at the Ministry of Communications and Digitalisation, with possibility of extension.
The responsibilities of the role centre around support to the Minister of Communications and Digitalisation. This will involve:
- Structuring: Support the Ministry of Communications and Digitisation in structuring an attractive, sustainable and impactful technology upskilling program geared towards girls, women, and other underrepresented groups within the tech sector
- Strategy and planning: Working directly with the key point of contact at the Ministry of Communications and Digitisation, establish a strategy and roadmap for establishing partnerships and mobilizing in-kind and financial support for the successful rollout of the program
- Marketing and Communications: Support the Ministry in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communications programme to reach the programme’s target and potential partners and donors through multiple channels (website, social media, events, conferences, etc.)
- Outreach: Identify and connect with donors that fit into the programme’s fundraising strategy, thinking outside the box to reach non-conventional funders in the donor space. Act as an advocate and spokesperson for the programme during meetings with these donors and wider events. Proactively present the programme and its activities during workshops, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Government Relations: Support the Head of Tech and Country Director of TBI to maintain effective and trusted relationships in government in line with the country project strategy and positioning, and in service of the overall TBI mission to support political leaders to achieve results that benefit the people of the country and our tech for development initiative
- Coordination: Coordinate with the Head of Tech and in-country Tech Team to ensure collaboration and spill over
- Reporting: Regularly inform TBI Country-level and central TBI tech colleagues of progress through reporting and engagement sessions
- One TBI: the post holder will report to the Head of Tech and matrix into the key point of contact within the Ministry of Communications and Digitisation. They will work embedded within the Ministry and support Ministerial interlocutors and other relevant agencies
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser, with an entrepreneurial drive and creative approach:
- With strong knowledge of the institutional donor space, and demonstrable experience writing successful proposals and applications for grants and general funding
- With a strong understanding of strategic communications, marketing and how to raise an organisation’s profile and impact
- With excellent spoken and written communication skills, who can create persuasive and compelling impact narratives around technological or training programmes
- With strong high-level stakeholder management skills, and the capacity to facilitate conversations in complex environments and push past initial blockers to achieve critical fundraising objectives.
- Who develops effective working relationships and networks, and is able to tap into these networks for the programme’s success
- Who sets themselves and the programme up for success with an entrepreneurial and creative mindset by anticipating blockers, challenges and opportunities, and proactively addressing them
- Who can work flexibly and be adaptable, open to changing approaches in response to changing situations on the ground
- With strong skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- With a minimum of 7 years of experience in a fundraising role, ideally within the education or digital training space
- Fluency in English required
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
How To Apply For This Job
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 11th September 2022