Advans is a leading microfinance group established in 2005. Advans mission is to respond to the need for financial services of small businesses and other populations who have ill-adapted, limited or no access to formal financial services. The Advans Group currently spans nine countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia and Myanmar.
As at end October 2019, the group served more than 1,000,000 clients and employed more than 7,300 staff. Headquartered in Luxembourg with support services in Paris, the group’s shareholders are EIB, KW, FMO, CDC Group plc, FISEA (AFD Group) and IFC. Advans Ghana, subsidiary of the international microfinance group Advans, started its activities in 2008.
The institution offers a full range of adapted financial products and services to micro, small and medium sized enterprises in Ghana. The institution serves more than 64,000 clients through a network of 20 points of sale and over 650 employees.
Do you want to work in an international environment? Do you have a passion for financial inclusion, serving the under-served and developing mutually beneficial business partnerships? Are you a people-person with enough self-motivation to assist others?
Then Advans Ghana has a position for you! The full-time position is based in Accra, at the Head Office of Advans Ghana Savings and Loans.
What will your role be?
Under the supervision of the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO), you will be responsible for the supervision and management of HR administration and Compensation & Benefits of the institution.
Your main responsibility will be the following:
Compensation and Benefits
• Oversees processing of monthly payroll and ensure that staff are paid on time which will include accurate capture of
payroll information and attending to any issues that they may have on their pay.
• Analyzes salary reports and data to ensure there are no errors and address queries and concerns raised by staff on
compensation and benefits.
• Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance with the salary structure of the institution and other
statutory requirements and equity within organization.
• Oversees the overall processing of staff benefits including staff loans, Salary Advances, medicals bills.
• Shall be responsible for ensuring that ex staff who are liable to the institution settle their liability after exiting the
institution and this shall include the development of recovery strategies.
• Conduct periodic compensation and benefit survey to ensure the institutions’ remuneration package is competitive
within our industry.
• Ensure that the Payroll files at every point in time contain all the needed computation in accordance with the statutory
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment
- Contribute to the design, revision, implementation and management of personnel policies; Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management and HR information needs.
- Ensure the HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation.
- Shall be responsible for managing the day-to-day relationship with external service providers such as medical insurance firms, payroll, Workmen compensation, SSNIT, and Provident Fund firms and propose way to optimize partnerships and related tasks and activities
- Oversees the smooth running of the institutional leave calendar in accordance with legislation and the Employee Handbook. This will include monitoring and recording employee leave requests.
- Following up litigation and disputes involving company personnel.
- Contribute and support other specific HR needs required
- Shall respond to HR related inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Communicate and ensure compliance and consistency with office practices and policies and compliance with all employment related laws.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Keep records of staff transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics to ensure accuracy at every point in time
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with state law.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
Work closely with Head of HR Services and the other HR officers in the management and execution of task within the Administration and Compensation & Benefits unit.
Required Skills or Experience
What kind of profile are we looking for?
• You hold a minimum of a first degree in Human Resource or any relevant social science program
• Professional qualification will be an added advantage
• Minimum of three years in a similar position
Specific training required:
• Database Management
• Advance excel
• Training on the Ghanaian labour act
How To Apply
Apply now through the Advans Ghana Website or follow the link below: https://advans.aragonerh.com/new_rec_portal/index/GHA#
Deadline: 21st January 2022