Africa World Airlines is a privately held airline founded by Togbe Afede XIV. It was incorporated on November 15, 2010, and embarked on its first revenue flight on September 21, 2012.
Africa World Airlines flies to domestic and regional locations all along the coast of West Africa. As part of our expansion as an airline, we have formed partnerships with a number of international carriers, including South African Airways, Emirates, Brussels Airlines, ASKY Airlines, United Airlines, and Ethiopian Airlines, to help us achieve our corporate goal of providing seamless yet affordable air travel to both leisure and business travelers on the routes we serve.
Africa World Airlines aspires to be the benchmark for quality air travel service in West Africa and beyond to provide a welcoming, cost-effective, and dependable service to all of its passengers.
We’ve quickly established ourselves as West Africa’s preferred domestic airline.
Africa World Airlines continues its commitment to transparency with the release of our operational performance results for the month of December 2021.
If you are denied boarding or if your flight is canceled or delayed for at least two hours, ask at the check-in counter or boarding gate for the text stating your rights, particularly with regard to compensation and assistance.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Accurately estimates the time required to accomplish tasks or complete projects.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks according to their level of urgency and importance.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English with good communication skills.
- Conversant with AWA Cargo Policies.
- Excellent Customer Service Orientation.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of ramp operations.
- Able to work with a multinational workforce, and to adjust to the local conditions of the stations
- Ensure proper coordination of domestic and regional cargo/courier operations.
- Supervise and control operational aspects of AWA Cargo and Mail activities.
- Ensure smooth exchange of information between AWA Cargo and Logistics as well as with the appointed Forwarders at the base station.
- Audit and supervise third parties and subcontractors.
- Review adequacy and compliance of the services provided and take appropriate actions to assure service acceptability.
- Review export documentation to determine cargo contents, and classify goods into different fee or tariff groups: using a tariff coding system according to the shipper’s declaration
- Ensure that cargo operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the air business and that security measures related to cargo operations are fulfilled.
- Ensure proper handling and reconciliation of cargo/courier sales on a daily basis.
- Ensure proper coordination of IOSA Audit.
- Perform other tasks and duties as and when required.
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in cargo/courier operations.
- IATA Training course in cargo/courier operations and other related courses.
- Certificate in Dangerous Goods is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position Kindly CLICK HERE
CLOSING DATE: The deadline for application is 11th February 2022