Company Profile Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Ghana since 1958 in Health, Agriculture, Peacebuilding, Water and Sanitation, Microfinance and Education programs.
- Department: Operations
- Grade: 10
- Reports To: Head of Operations
- Country/Location: Tamale, Norther Region/Ghana
You will manage following operational functions – Administration (Facilities, Properties/Assets, Travel, logistics), Information Technology (IT), Fleet – in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will also serve as Security Focal Point for CRS in Ghana. You will promote stewardship of resources, help ensure principled compliance, proactively identify risk issues, and under supervision lead operational improvements.
- Manage or coordinate assigned operations functions- systems, processes and staffing – that meet CRS’ standards,
donor requirements, and local requlations and support high-quality programming.
- Collaborate with programming leads to ensure appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and proper stewardship of material sources. Coordinate and monitor day-to-day operations to ensure support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Identify and help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources (financial, human, and material). Proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strateaically
tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
- Provide guidance of internal processes for approving expenses, monitoring spending, and making budget adjustments in line with operational and programmatic needs and with donor requirements.
- Contribute to effective staffing of CP needs and adherence to administrative, fleet, IT and processes, policies and practices that support a high-performance culture, staff development and retention. Help assure quality personnel administration and a work environment that truly reflects the agency’s guiding principles
- Coordinate compliance with agency and donor requirements and local laws and regulations through periodic systems checks, review and assessment of operations policies and procedures. Coordinate response to issues that emerge from internal and external audits and provide guidance to implement improvements.
- Help maintain the proper conditions for learning – a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Identify capacity strengthening needs and provide guidance for project teams and partners, which includes cross-departmental learning.
- Serve as Security Focal Point: maintain security information, procedures and plans updated and ensure appropriate
dissemination; provide orientation to CRS visitors and new staff on the security context and security rules
Travel Required: 25%
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: Admin Manager, IT Manager, Fleet Manager
- Internal: Senior Management, Operations staff
- External: Partners, vendors, donors, local government Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships • Professional Growth • Partnership • Accountability
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in finance, human resources, logistics, or administration officer/support level
position with progressive responsibilities. Strong Admin & Human Resources management background preferred.
- Management experience a plus. Experience with an NGO preferred.
- Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience preferred.
dge of accounting software or similar financial reporting software a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred. .
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and
budget management systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment and
decisions . Good relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Not Applicable
How To Apply
To apply for this position – Please access this link: https://bit.ly/32zCCna for the application process. Applicants should submit their CV and letter of interest by 5pm, on 14th January 2022.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ emphasis on family values supports benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, the availability of a baby room at the office, and flexible working hours where possible.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer