Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future? Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invests in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers but operate lean and nimble. Since 2013, Farmerline has directly helped farmers to improve their productivity and profit in Ghana and also provided technical support to other organizations to do the same. Farmerline started its operations serving 400 farmers in the Ashanti Region of Ghana with information via mobile information services. We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 8 years, Farmerline and its partnership network have profiled and served over 1million farmers and digitized over 1,000,000 acres of farmland across 16 countries in Africa. Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
The purpose of the Senior Partnerships Manager – Development Grants role, is to support Farmerline’s partnership development efforts with development partners like the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), United States Agency for International Development (USAID), European Union and international contractors and implementers including contracting organizations and international NGOs. Farmerline has, with little investment, achieved a successful track record in this area and we are looking to increase our performance to make more impact. You will be evaluated based on partnerships initiated and managed successfully. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and a team player, has strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills and a deep understanding and network of the industry.
- Research & Prospecting: Research and identify top implementing partners and consortia teams within Agriculture and Rural Development sectors.
- Outreach: Identify and connect with relevant industry players. Build and maintain strong relationships with a starting portfolio of 40 organizations. This might include participating in or organizing events.
- Partner: Work with partners to design scalable, sustainable, and effective mobile engagement projects. This includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets, and writing concept notes.
- Manage: Lead the proposal development and submission process within Farmerline, in collaboration with Unit Directors and Managers.
- Thought Leadership: Become a thought leader within and outside the organization in terms of mobile engagement. Serve as a key leader on the Company’s business development team in strategizing and prioritizing funding initiatives to help grow the company.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Increase the number of annual proposal submissions;
- Improve Farmerline’s win rate in Agriculture and Rural Development sectors;
- Strengthen existing relationships and generate repeat partnerships through thought leadership activities
- Team and Reporting Structure
- Successful track record in building partnerships, relationship management, and business development with increasing responsibilities at least 5 years of experience.
- Experience pitching complex ideas and leading partnership conversations with an executive or senior leadership team.
- Superb collaboration skills and experience working cross-departmentally to achieve shared goals.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience working with budgets.
- Enthusiasm for supporting global development programs.
- Ability and flexibility to work outside sector-specific requirements including communicating value propositions (e.g. in rural development, health, environment, energy) for mobile engagement.
- Passion for the role of technology in agriculture and development.
- Comfortable working with remote teams, startups, and/or social enterprises.
- Experience working on EU, FCDO & USAID grants and contracts or working with other donor agency procurement processes.
- Multiple years living and working abroad.
- Background or past experience working in democracy and governance and/or education initiatives.
- French language skills.
How To Apply
To apply for this position CLICK HERE
Deadline: 7th Feb., 2022