As a Senior Software Developer, you will participate in software implementations, providing both oversight and hands-on contributions to the software design, development, and integration. Work with internal and external project teams to help define, develop, and support software projects that work seamlessly across different devices and browsers. Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing technology solutions including integrations with other enterprise software solutions. Provide suggestions and recommendations to keep our internal coding standards up to date; help to identify areas for efficiency across disciplines.
- Hands-on development of new applications and services that your team is continuously iterating on, including creating new experiences while ensuring high resilience, availability, and speed in an agile and collaborative environment.
- Work/Coordinate with cross-functional teams as needed to define, implement, and deliver end user functionality.
- Identify issues with existing code and proactively suggest recommended changes to prevent challenges in the future.
- Accumulate domain knowledge around existing clients and projects to assist them with ongoing needs.
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, software architecture, DevOps and software development best practices.
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to ensure our customer experience is the best it can be while delivering software quickly with high quality.
- Actively participate in the design and further development of our IT landscape in the areas of software development and software testing.
- Ensuring our team follows software development best practices and validates software solutions and procedures to ensure it conforms with industry best practices.
- Code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex change under tight deadlines.
- Reporting regularly and proactively to your line manager regarding your progress.
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement (CI) / Continuous Development CD).
REQUIREMENTS (Senior Software Developer)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or its related field.
- At least five (5) years of professional application development experience.
- Comprehensive experience in developing enterprise scale e-commerce applications would be an added advantage.
- Already existing knowledge in salesforce B2C commerce cloud development and understanding of its architecture would be a plus.
- Experience developing multi-tiered scalable and secure web applications with NodeJS, familiarity with the whole web stack including protocols and web server optimization techniques or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Software design architecture styles, APIs, and patterns (e.g., Model-View Controller, REST etc.)
- Strong familiarity with the jQuery library and JSON syntax.
- Good Understanding of Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Strong understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Proficient understanding and experience in the various software development collaboration tools such as Git, Git Flows, CI/CD etc.
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple concurrent projects and responsibilities.
- Share in the core values (Excellence, Passion, Diversity, Collaboration, and Integrity) and vision of AMALITECH.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested applicants in the positions of a Senior Software Developer should:
Then click on “I’m Interested” and follow the instructions to apply.
Closing Date: 17:00 GMT, on January 31, 2022.
Ensure you have the necessary documents before applying:
- Current or latest copy of your CV (PDF format)
- Scanned copies of certificates and transcripts as single file (PDF format)
- Passport size photo (either JPG, JPEG, PNG format)
- Scanned copy of a valid national ID Card (any format)
- Scanned copy of NSS Certificate (PDF format)
- Scanned copies of Residence and Work Permits (non-citizens, PDF format)
- Other certificates (optional)