Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second-largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open-pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Responsible for the development and implementation of all electrical, instrumentation, communication and controls aspects of Electrical Maintenance functions through the application of operational policies, standards, and procedures in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the organizational strategic objectives.
Lead the execution of short to long-term business plans for electrical maintenance function, ensuring alignment with the organization’s overall strategy.
Evaluate and propose optimum electrical and instrumentation solutions in achieving the planned objectives and assess risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Design, develop, install, manage and/or maintain equipment, which used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes.
- Lead activities in control systems testing, equipment commissioning, field-testing and system acceptance including operational readiness testing.
- Develop the plan, scope and lead the execution of shutdown works for Electricals and instrumentation to ensure completion within the specified window.
- Design the scope of work using piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s), specifications, and project requirements to specify and complete instrument and control systems.
- Perform calculations and develop drawings for construction including process diagrams, network block diagrams, control panel details and instrument installation details
- Review electrical schematic diagrams and coordinate relevant requirements with the electrical discipline
- Monitor spare parts and inventory for critical instrumentation to ensure availability when required in order to minimize production interruption. Establish new inventory/cataloging where necessary.
- Develop and implement effective electrical and instrumentation standards and procedures.
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Manage all electrical and instrumentation documentation; policies, procedures and standards, designs and drawings, handover notes as may be required by Legislation and engineering best practices
- Efficiently perform preventive, breakdown, project, refurbishment repairs and assign maintenance staff according to work requirements and priorities
- Work within strict quality standards and tolerance measures to support the relevant functions in terms of quality assurance and control
Education and Experience
- BSc Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering is equivalent to a recognized institution.
- Engineering Superintendent’s Certificate of competency from Minerals Commission(Ghana)
- Minimum of ten (10) years of hands-on experience in Electrical, Instrumentation and Process Control fields with a minimum of five (5) years in a superintendent level or above.
- Ability to develop P&IDs, loop diagrams and network architecture drawings
- Ability to develop CIC standards, including equipment rationalization SOPs
- Sound knowledge of calibration standards
- Sound knowledge of programmable controllers and the benefits of central versus distributed CPUs.
- Knowledge of industrial networking and networking protocols (Ethernet, Device net, Fieldbus, Profibus, Modbus), remote I/O modules
- Sound knowledge of SCADA and DCS systems, instrumentation and electrical interfaces as applicable to VSDs, Simocodes, and good working knowledge in telemetry systems including data and, voice radio
- Field instrumentation, process air systems and quality, valves selection and maintenance
- Knowledge of business management tools like HIRA, SWOT and PESTEL would be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of optic fibre systems, including splicing, selection and testing
- Additional specialized training or education in business and project management, operations management, safety and risk assessment or continuous improvement
- Budgeting, planning and scheduling experience required as well as financial (cost) management
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit their CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 15th April. 2022