Senior Technician II At Gratis Foundation. GRATIS Foundation, an Agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MOT) is inviting suitable and qualified Ghanaians for the following positions: Senior Technician (Metal Machining)
GRATIS Foundation is a technology transfer, training and manufacturing organization operating in Ghana. Incorporated in 1999, it evolved from the Ghana Regional Appropriate Technology Industrial Service (GRATIS) project which was established in 1987 by the Government of Ghana with support from the European Union and the Canadian International Development Agency to promote small-scale industrialization in the country.
GRATIS Foundation is an Agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry. The guidance policy direction which enables GRATIS to fulfil its mission is provided by the Board of Directors appointed by the Minister of Trade and Industry.
REPORTS DIRECTLY: PRINCIPAL PRODUCTION OFFICER
DUTY STATION: HEAD OFFICE, TEMA
- Perform work in the metal machining sections of the workshop Interpret engineering drawing
- Operate metal machining equipment like lathe machine, Milling Machine, Gear Cutting Machine also Liaise with colleagues in the welding and fabrication section to ensure prompt delivery of quality jobs
- Knowledge about the use of the CNC machine will be an advantage.
- Undertake routine maintenance of metal machining workshop equipment
- Train apprentices
- HND in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of Mechanical Engineering Craft Practice (MECP) Part 1 or Mechanical Engineering Technician (MET) Part 1 or National Vocational Training Institute (NVTI) Trade Test Grade 1 with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience.
- GRATIS trained technicians holding GRATIS Ghana Education Service/Technical Examinations Unit Craft Certificate with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should submit their written application letters including CVs to the:
Human Resource and Admin. Manager,
P. O. Box CO 151,
Email Address: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: March 16, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.