Soteria farms Limited is a Christian agricultural organization which desires to be a leading producer and distributor of fresh farm produce, grains, root tubers and livestock in Ghana by 2030 with a focus on promoting overall health and wellness.
This company is looking to hire a Crop Production Assistant.
They are currently located some few kilometres from Hwanyanso after Dome in the Afram Plains South District of Ghana. The farm is into the production of cowpea, soybeans, yam, plantain, coconut, cocoyam and watermelon.
We also have livestock division which consists (goats, sheep, domestic and exotic fowls, guinea fowls and turkeys) with plans to expand both our crop and livestock operations in the coming years. The farm has vacancies for the above position details can be found below.
The successful candidate shall perform the following roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in managing crop fields
- Lead farm labourers in the execution of daily farm tasks
- Support in the execution of farm activities (Planting, spraying, weeding, etc.)
- Any other duties as required by the General Farm Manager
Qualification, Skills And Experience
- JHS or SHS certificate in agriculture or related field is highly required
- At least one (1) year of professional work experience in crop production
- Preferably between the ages of 19-30 years
- Willingness to live in a rural setting a minimum of 80% of the year
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of crop production and animal husbandry
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated ICT skills
- Candidates should be living in or around Konongo, Agogo, Kumasi, Maame krobo and Tease
- A proven ability to management crop farms
- The ability to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst workers
- To be able to communicate effectively through both written and oral forms
- The ability to work in rural settings with no electricity or internet.
- Should be self-motivated and able to work under little or no supervision be innovative and results-oriented ability to ride a motorbike
Soteria Farms Limited offers competitive salary and benefits in accordance with position and scale. Employees are covered by insurance and SNIT. Farm accommodation, power, water and transportation will be provided.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit via email or WhatsApp a short Curriculum Vitae, names and contact details to:
Farm General Manager,
Soteria Farms Limited,
BOX CG 319, Konongo,
Ashanti Region, Ghana
WhatsApp us on 0203268633 (WhatsApp also)
Closing Date: 29th April, 2022
NB: No Degree, Masters or PhD applicant will be considered
Due to anticipated high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.