Standard Chartered Bank invites applications from qualified persons to fill in the position of an Analyst, Finance Ops
Roles and Responsibility
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Ensuring total customer satisfaction by providing quality service, that is error free, submitted in a timely manner and communicated effectively.
- Contributing to the effectiveness of the team by utilising interpersonal skills to work with members effectively and to communicate across teams in the GFS in order to ensure smooth operations for the centre.
- Indexing and Processing:
- Index and process all payment requests received from stakeholders. Urgent payments should be prioritized at all times.
- Process daily volumes as assigned within the team.
- Ensure that repairs and rejects are despatched within the assigned time.
- Accuracy level of 99.99% for Pass I errors. Operational losses to be nil.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and complaints to be at the bare minimum level.
- Ensure invoices/documents are thoroughly verified with adequate approvals wherever applicable.
Cross Border Recharges:
- Ensure FX are obtained for the timely processing and settlement of CBRs/FX payments.
- Provide data to countries to assist with month end accounting entries (Payment/ Receipt/ Accruals) and reporting.
- Assist with data for preparation of monthly returns for spoke specific recharges.
- As a first point of contact for inquiries, be able to answer simple questions on payment matters.
Staff Accounts Setup/ Amendments:
- Ensure staff account’s setups/amendments instructions are carried out timely.
- Accuracy levels of 100% in setup/amendments
- Ensure staff accounts setup/amendments instructions have been properly approved per the DA.
People & Talent
Contributing to the effectiveness of the team by utilising interpersonal skills to work with members effectively and to communicate across teams in the GFS in order to ensure smooth operations for the centre.
Resolve mailbox queries/phone queries from countries within the assigned time.
Behave in a way that reinforces the trust of customers, clients, employees, regulators, shareholders and communities, and uphold Group Standards, to ensure regulatory requirements are achieved.
- Be familiar with the FCP Policy and notes as well as all other policies applicable to R2P.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations, policies and requirements of the scope countries.
- Understand and comply with applicable local laws and regulations. Specifically, understand and comply with the Anti Money Laundering Act 2008 (Act 749) and all its amendments, the Anti Money-Laundering Regulations of 2011 and the Bank of Ghana/FIC Anti Money-Laundering Guidelines as well as the Anti Terrorist Financing Act and its amendments, sanctions laws, regulations, rules and standard business practices.
- Escalate any potential risk and compliance concerns/issues, including but not limited to, issues raised in the recent supervisory orders you may be part of or witness to, and review as needed with the right people in a cooperative and transparent manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/ [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Accounts Processing Officer (Spoke).
- Vendors and SCB users.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in country / business unit / team]; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures; Multiple functions (double hats); [List all responsibilities associated with the role]
- Any other job assigned by Head, Requisition to Pay/GFSW.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree with an experience in a medium size organisation.
- Understanding of business computing environment
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Technical Competency Name: Proficiency Levels
- Example: Data Science Advanced
- Problem solving Core
- Communication Core
- Analytical Entry
- Interpersonal skills Entry
- Attention to detail Core
- Knowledge of PSGL and general high level of computer literacy Expert
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge, and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial, and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual, and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Qualified persons should Click Here To Apply
Closing Date : 28th Nov, 2022 (3:59:00 PM)