About Ghana Statistical Service
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
- Manipulate and present geographical information by developing programs to convert GIS information to other formats.
- Recreate geographical spaces using GIS techniques and remote sensing imagery.
- Integrate different geo-spatial data resources
- Analyze and integrate GIS data with other data sources to assess relationships across a wide range of socio-demographic, behavioural, spatial, environmental, and economic variables.
Agency: Ghana Statistical Service
Deadline: April 18, 2022
The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service:
- Transform diverse data formats including spatial, administrative, big data, and pictorial into analyzable forms using contemporary data mining and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Develop algorithms and employ machine learning techniques to analyze complex, large, and multiple datasets.
- Prepare and maintain customized GIS databases.
- Create static and dynamic maps for surveys and censuses.
- Write source code to program applications
- Perform unit and integration testing of application
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Evaluate and manage staff performance and professional development
- Facilitate the management of labor issues in accordance with existing labor laws, regulations, and practices to ensure industrial harmony.
5 . Accountant
- Prepare work plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Maintain a Fixed Assets Register.
- Develop data capture applications
- Write syntax and develop programs for data monitoring, processing, and analysis.
- Conduct real-time and batch data processing for the different stages of the data life cycle.
- Develop analytical frameworks using statistical methods and techniques.
- Design and collect a wide range of demographic, socio-economic, behavioural, spatial, and environmental variables.
8 . Macroeconomist
- Build and maintain both static and interactive databases of all macroeconomic indicators either generated by GSS or any other agency
- Review, document, and update theoretical and conceptual relationships among key macroeconomic indicators
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants in the Ghana Statistical Service recruitment 2022 should click on any of the positions above to read more and apply.
Persons who will be might be assigned to the Head office in Greater Accra or one of the country’s 16 regional offices.
Women and people with disabilities who meet the qualifications are urged to apply.
The closing date of application is 18th April 2022