The Swiss government and the Federal Commission of Scholarships is Open for students with a master’s degree who want to get a PhD or pursue a postdoctoral programme who are eligible to apply. These scholarships are given to over 180 countries.
- To be eligible, you must be born after December 31, 1987
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or an equivalent university degree by July 31, 2023.
- You are to submit a research proposal with a timeline.
- Candidates must possess the linguistic abilities essential for the study or studies.
- Applicants should present a letter from a host professor at the chosen Swiss university stating why they are willing to support and supervise their research.
- This scholarship is not available to applicants who have resided in Switzerland for more than a year at the start of the program.
- If you have previously enjoyed the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship you are not eligible
- The scholarship will cover your Tuition Fees
- You will receive a monthly stipend of CHF 1,920.
- Scholarship recipients receive support services, vacations, banquets, and sightseeing tours.
Documents For Application
- Signed FCS application form
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport
- Two recommendation letters
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (It must contain all your academic publications and awards)
- A Two page (Maximum) motivation letter
- A certified medical certificate
- Photocopies of transcripts and certificates (in English, German, French or Italian)
- A comprehensive research proposal no longer than five pages
- A Brief Curriculum Vitae of a Mentor from Your Home Institution
- A letter from a host professor at the chosen Swiss university stating why they are willing to support and supervise their research.
How To Apply For This Scholarship
Interested individuals should CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITE TO READ AND APPLY