The Network Learning function advances knowledge and learning in the network to make progress toward our 25 year vision. We do this by learning alongside the various communities in our global network, creating learning experiences, building partnerships, and enabling connections for constituents to advance their own learning.
Job Position: Head of Educational Leadership Initiative
As the Head of Educational Leadership you will lead Teach For All’s strategy to develop the leadership of our network alumni working in positions of educational leadership – be it as leaders within schools or in education policy. Our network now has over 88,000 alumni with 72% remaining as leaders in the education sector. In this role you will build strong communities among these alumni, foster their leadership, and create partnerships that will enable their impact. The role is ideal for someone who has extensive experience leading at a school and system level and is looking for an opportunity to foster conversation among their peer leaders and create opportunities for newer leaders to advance their impact.
Success in this role means that our alumni in educational leadership have access to learning experiences, tools, connections, and resources to impact the education system in their contexts.
Success for the role will be measured by:
- Quantity and quality of engagement in peer communities
- Leadership growth and impact of alumni leaders
- Feedback from CEOs and partner leadership, Teach For All colleagues, and other stakeholders about the impact of the communities, leadership development, and partnerships
As an individual contributor, the Head of Educational Leadership’s primary responsibility is to develop and execute a strategy that enables our network’s most high potential alumni educational leaders to learn from and support each other, develop as transformational leaders and have greater impact in the communities they serve.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Determine strategy for developing educational leadership across the network
- Partner with organizations working in the space (e.g. Global School Leaders, Ambition Institute, Global Schools Forum, Transcend, Kizazi) so they can provide support to communities to bolster their learning and leadership development etc.
Collaborate with our connectivity team to:
- Build out communities of practice (school leaders, school administration, education policy, teacher leadership)
- Build relationships with alumni leaders in these areas and proactively bring them into the communities
- Support communities to organize learning events and share insights
- Create community platforms for members to connect asynchronously in between events so they can reach out to each other easily for advice/resources/challenges
- Support communities’ learning activities via Communities Fund (fund learning exchange trips, events, etc)
Leadership and Learning
- Collaborate with internal teams at Teach For All like the Leadership Accelerator, Knowledge Team, or Learning Experiences team to create learning or leadership development experiences according to the needs of communities
- Work with partners to develop their own pathways to accelerate career trajectories of alumni into educational leadership
- Capture and share knowledge and stories of current alumni’s insights in order to develop learning for others
- Collaborate with communities and various Teach For All global or local partner staff to develop as strategy that will inspire more alumni to work in these key leadership roles
- Support Teach For All’s effort to generate resources for Educational Leadership Initiative and create communications materials to illustrate its impact
- Serve as an internal and external point person for all things Educational leadership (e.g. identify panelists for events, support Public Affairs in various projects).
- Find outlets to elevate the voices of our network alumni
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- At least 10 years of full time experience working in educational leadership
- Extensive experience creating transformation while serving as a leader within an educational system
- Prior experience as a staff member of one of Teach For All’s network partners useful
- Exceptional communications that can clearly communicate to an international audience as well as effectively convey stories that can compel others to act
- Ability to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders from a range of cultures and understand their goals and motivations in order to drive effective operations
- Experience building mutually beneficial partnerships that enable impact
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy and entrepreneurial organization as part of a collaborative and committed team
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues globally, including a high volume of virtual engagement (i.e., conference calls, social media, virtual collaboration tools) and regular calls during non-traditional working hours
- Exceptional strategic thinking and reasoning skills — an orientation toward creativity and innovation, while also valuing cultural responsiveness and institutional knowledge
- Ability to be generative and independently drive towards outcomes, demonstrating flexibility and shifting priorities as needed based on how the work evolves
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage multiple projects and responsibilities across both internal and external teams of colleagues’
- Must have sensitivity toward racial, cultural, and ideological diversity
- Ability to work in English required, fluency in a second language is preferred, but not required
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values and a commitment to Teach For All’s mission:
- Reflects a sense of possibility in mindset and vision
- Believes in the value of being locally rooted and globally informed
- Drives toward constant learning and improvement
- Convinced of the necessity of diversity and inclusiveness in our work
- Believes in the interdependence between us and our partners in solving this global problem
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on the country of hire and prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Please note, that this position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. All candidates must possess local work authorization in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Travel is possible when it is safe to do so and in accordance with local travel guidelines. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 28th June. 2022