Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a mobile eHealth System, which organizes and facilitates disease control and outbreak management procedures, in addition to disease surveillance and epidemiological analysis for all administrative levels of the public health system.
Scope Of The Role
The Technical Advisor is responsible for the overall policy coordination of SORMAS activities implemented by GIZ in Ghana (currently, there are two teams in Ghana and one in Nigeria who are implementing SORMAS activities in Ghana). This includes the support in implementation of SORMAS activities across GIZ Ghana as well as the coordination between GIZ Nigeria and GIZ Ghana.
- Overall policy coordination of the Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) activities implemented by GIZ in Ghana (two teams in Ghana and one in Nigeria) as well as units at Headquarters in Germany
- Support implementation of GIZ activities related to SORMAS in Ghana
- Support coordination between GIZ Nigeria and GIZ Ghana
- Technical coordination and financial management of SORMAS elements of several grants
- Technical coordination and financial management of contracts
- Organization and follow through of SORMAS events hosted in Ghana
Leading M+E and communication activities related to SORMAS
- Supporting the management of the above activities in accordance with the order and project goals and activities agreed with the partner, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
Planning and implementing project activities in the framework of the given budget
- Providing professional advice to partners and cooperating with stakeholders handle other tasks on behalf of GIZ
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Informatics, Digital Health or related field with ideally specific knowledge of disease surveillance software and health information systems e.g., SORMAS, DHIMS2At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- At least 5 years’ professional experience with emphasis on digital health
- Experience of implementing/advising on digital health tools, preferably ones dealing with disease control
- Experience working in the Ghanaian health sector
- Good knowledge in project management and admin processes
- Knowledge about Pandemic preparedness, response and recovery
- Preferably experience in development cooperation
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
- Strong managerial and organizational competence
- Willingness to travel (abroad) regularly
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How To Apply For This Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Job Code 2022/develoPPP/23/08 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 6th September 2022