The E-Waste Programme works together with the Ministry of Environment Science Technology and Innovation to improve the conditions for sustainable management and disposal of electronic waste in Ghana.
Scope of the Role
The Technical Advisor is responsible for managing and supporting the public and the private e-waste recycling sector.
- He/She will provide support to the public and private e-waste recycling sector in selected regions in Ghana. Organize meetings and workshops with all relevant stakeholders in the regions.
- Support the selected MMDAs in e-waste management on a local level. Support operators of collection centres in the regions.
- Cooperates with all actors in the local e-waste chain.
- He/She will provide Technical and Business Support to the repair sector and civil society organizations concerning registration, permitting and setting-up collection centres.
- Provide civil society organizations in e-waste collection activities
- Identify needs in a consultative process with the leadership and the members of EWROTA; providing counselling to them in defining their role and being recognized as umbrella organisation for the sector.
- Networking with relevant stakeholders to provide support cooperation and regular dialogue with partners.
- He/She will cooperate with relevant ministries, governmental agencies and international
organizations and promote the exchange of ideas within and between the different stakeholder-groups.
- He/She will perform other duties and tasks at the request of the GIZ e-waste programme.
- University degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to MSc in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management and/or Urban Planning and/or Environmental Sanitation and Waste Management)
- At least 2-3 years working experience in Private and Public Sector in Ghana, mainly focusing on environmental management Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office & Excel)
- Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and
ability to perform task without supervision.
- Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
Strong managerial, organisational, and social competence
- Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
How To Apply For This Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the
Job Code 2022/Ewaste/23/08 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion
are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 6th September 2022