It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for Head of People and Organisational Development to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Ghana Team, the Head of People and Organisational Development will:
- Develop and implement Country People and Orgaisational Development Plans by eveloping a clear understanding of the CP people needs and with the Senior Management Team (SMT) create and effectively deliver a people and OD plan to maximise the CP’s effectiveness and capabilities.
- Embed and role-model a strong performance management culture and processes. Support and coach staff and managers to create clear appraisal objectives, hold open honest conversations, recognise success and implement performance improvement plans.
- Identify skills capabilities required to deliver current and future CP work. Develop an annual CP resourcing plan and support and challenge managers to make the right resourcing choices. Use appropriate, effective and creative recruitment and selection approaches.
- Provide specialist advice and instruction to managers on employee relations issues (i.e. disciplinary, grievance, capability, bullying and harassment) in line with CP policy, Global WaterAid policies and statutory legislation, working with legal providers as needed.
- Manage and continuously improve CP rewards ensuring an appropriate mix of pay, benefits and non-pay rewards in line with WaterAid’s reward principles and national legislation. Contribute to reward benchmarking and coach managers in talking to employees about reward. Ensure payroll and reward is delivered and communicated effectively.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- HR level qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent experience.
- Proven extensive HR experience in senior leadership role.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labour relations and negotiation, and personnel information system
- Experience in working with partner organisations in the international development sector
- West Africa region multi country experience
How To Apply
To apply for this position Submit your CV and Application on Company Website By Clicking Here
Closing Date : 25th Feb. 2022