World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
- Employee Type: Fixed Term, Full Time
- Contract Duration: 2 years
- Job Location: National Office, Accra
Position: Local Fund Raising Specialist – Resource Development
Purpose of the position
This is a position within the Resource Acquisition and Management unit focused primarily on resource development and donor/partner relationships. Position Purpose Maintains and grows relationships with corporate and individual donors. Proactively identifies and develops new sources of financial support to meet annual fundraising goals, primarily through execution of special event fundraisers.
The position will support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with corporate partners, donors, and other NGOs for purposes of increasing resources for the children and communities WV serves.
Strategic Management of local Fundraising and partnerships
- Initiate and coordinate the development and regular update of WV Ghana’s policy, plans, and guidelines on local Fundraising and partnerships;
- Initiate and coordinate under the supervision of the Resource Acquisition Manager and in concert with the Technical Leads and the Head of Programmes and other relevant functional units, a framework for effective local fundraising and partnerships to achieve strategic and programmatic objectives per country strategy;
- Initiate and coordinate under the supervision of the Resource Acquisition Manager the development and monitoring of the implementation of guidelines for local fundraising as well as the operationalization of the partnerships cycle.
- Ensure the partnerships cycle is aligned to WVG business processes and approach.
Resource Acquisition & Operational management of the Local Fundraising and partnerships
- Pursue resource mobilization opportunities aligned to WV Ghana’s strategy and capacities from a variety of corporate and other donors
- Mobilize and lead cross-functional proposal development teams with clear expectations and timelines
- Anticipate, plan for, and write proposals with high win rate
- Regularly review project evaluations, lessons learnt, project and other internal reports and from other NGOs and donors and apply innovations and best practices in future proposals
- Ensure readily available data per country programmes priorities for easy reference for proposal and concept note development
- Support the preparation and review of local grants proposal budget
- Monitors local Grants Implementation in the field
- Develop a schedule for local resource mobilization within WV Ghana
- Maintains a database of all potential donors for purpose of local fund raising
- Regularly meet with, brief, and provide updates to current and prospective corporate partners formally and informally
- Make presentations to corporate partners, donors and others to share learning, promote best practices, coordinate programming, and foster alliances and funding opportunities
- Represent WV Ghana in various forums as assigned by Management
- Research and monitor corporate partner and donor strategies, funding, and regulatory trends and advise Management
Local Donor Relationship Management:
- Facilitate timely follow ups on local donor deadlines and ensure that all local donor queries are adequately addressed
- Review reports due local donors and ensure that reports meet donor reporting requirements as per agreements and recommend actions to Manager.
- Coordinate the development of partnership agreements and financing agreements;
- Coordinate in collaboration with relevant technical teams, the assessment of institutional and operational capacity partner institutions and their capacity building plan.
Donor compliance and Project Management
- Support Project Managers understanding and adherence to Corporate and donors regulations and compliance requirements by ensuring comprehensive, detailed, and inclusive project start-up and close –up processes
- Support the capacity development of programme staff in resource acquisition from Local Donors and management
Field-level monitoring and support
- Facilitate field-level review meetings, visit field project sites to local donor team, provide hands-on support to project implementation teams as needed
- Perform other duties as required by Management
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Development Studies/Social Sciences or related area
- Have at least 4-6 years working experience in a related field
- Has good understanding of contemporary resource mobilization and management in the Ghanaian and global context
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships with corporate partners
- Growing project management skills and understanding of the project life cycle
- Developing verbal and written communications skills; a capable writer
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Internet Software and Power Point)
- Demonstrated behaviours needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role.
- Continuous commitment to high performance and improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others in and outside his or her own team
- Able to work autonomously, bear well under pressure, and remain accountable at all times
- Willingness to learn and demonstrable investment in professional growth
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversity
Working environment / conditions
- Domestic Travel: minimum 30% regular local and international travel
- On call: 10% In emergency and disaster situations, the position will be required to be on call.
How To Apply
All interested applicants are encouraged to forward their CVs and Cover Letters to: email@example.com
FEMALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Closing Date: 7th March, 2022